Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rapid Death
I want to note out that I play a lot of verglas, so any thoughts in this thread are completely earnest and a genuine criticism of certain skills.

Verglas is terribly strong at the current moment but I don't think its egregiously overpowered, but rather two of its skills seem to be a little nutty in terms of damage, causing quite a bit of strife when spammed, those two being Enhanced Rapid Kick and Crawling Spikes.

Crawling spikes being able to achieve triple damage is undeniably unhealthy, considering you can set up 2 ice points a turn on ice and still have 4m left over to take an action with. I would very much like to see this capped at 100% Extra damage instead of 200%.

Rapid Kick is a whole 'nother story, and I'll point out the major flaw in Rapid Kick here: 
[Image: 8uN0st6.png]

It scales so hard from ice atk and bonus kick damage, namely the bonus kick damage is the issue here, given a verglas can have access to a powerful shoe slot item that boosts its damage by quite literally 90 - 105: 

[Image: 8v8lhZ6.png]

Normally these alone don't prove to be a huge problem, but enhanced rapid kick's damage could deserve to be culled a little bit, but more famously we have this:

[Image: MFM9og5.png]

This could boost each kick's damage potentially by up to 40-45 per kick at high enough SAN thresholds, this leads to roughly 240-270 extra damage, which gets a little bit nutty.

I think Enhanced Rapid Kick's ice ATK scaling is fine, but the kick damage scaling could be 50% instead of 100%, making it scale in the same way ice point greaves would.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Akame
(09-15-2020, 07:19 PM)Spoops Wrote: Crawling spikes being able to achieve triple damage is undeniably unhealthy, considering you can set up 2 ice points a turn on ice and still have 4m left over to take an action with. I would very much like to see this capped at 100% Extra damage instead of 200%.
This is true. Crawling Spikes can get really strong with an easy enough setup. It pelts even through over 60% Magic DR with damage values that shouldn't really be seen in magic damage tanks. I agree that it needs a nerf, and this proposition should (hopefully) be good enough.

(09-15-2020, 07:19 PM)Spoops Wrote: Rapid Kick is a whole 'nother story [...]

[Image: unknown.png]

Note this was done on a tank, with the buffs mentioned in the original post plus impure element. That's 509 damage - usually approx. half of an average tank's Maximum HP.

I don't really know what the proper approach here would be, but this screenshot should be proof enough that Rapid Kick needs to have a decent damage decrease or a cap on how much damage it can do.
I would prefer not to have to go super magic tank in order to not die to these two moves, yes. Or end up spamming mirror shield and praying the enemy dies before I do or dies equally as hard.

It's easy to mitigate until you get Winter's Bit then just.... sometimes I question if i'm even a Magic Tank against these things. Even without Winter's Bite, on some super Mag Tank Stacking memes, I often take like 200 Damage in the case of Rapid Kick. Severely mitigated through like 4m Guard, 40% Ice Resist and near 70% Effective Mag DR and I mitigated it down to 200 Damage???

That can just be repeated if I stay in a straight line? Sure, it's only if the Leporidae hops super far but holy hell that has to scale super hard if those kinds of numbers are going through all that level of defense.

Although the only Leporidaes i've seen doing this to that extreme level are Glass Cannon Lumi Ele Impure Ele Verg/VAs. So it pretty much turns into a "oh, i hit them and they instantly exploded but so did I" tier. So I can't vouch for other instances that aren't attempts at hyper min-maxing the damage that i've otherwise, never seen anywhere else to such an egregious value.