Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Character and Family App: Starfel Family Lore & Technique.
Music 
Applicable BYOND Key - Tamaki-Kun
Character Name - Kaeius 'Ovan' Starfel
Request Type - Character Ability & Family Lore
Request Details
The Starfel family is a minor noble family based in Lispool, their bloodline spanning across the last few centuries(or, some would claim, a good two hundred years back). They are a people of warriors and mages, possessing stalwart and kindhearted souls.

Though most of their ancestors' knowledge has been lost, one key aspect-- and some would say their only specialty-- is to 'draw out one's spirit in the form of a weapon; a reflection of their soul'. They are also known to put forth members of their family into the Order of the Church Knights.

In truth, the process is simple. Every newborn babe is given a gem aligned to a certain element, based on the star they were born under, enchanted to attune with its bearer over time. And as they grow, their focus mixes with the item in question. They are then, once they are older and taught the necessary magic to form weapons out of focus, able to 'pull' out the essence of their gem to form weapons through a somatic spell based on Helondic language; a rune written on the back of the gem.

The gem is at some point placed inside an object. Be it an accessory like a necklace, bracelet, or a piece of armor. Some have been known to place it on their weapons, too. The object in question is crafted using Etherium and empty Mana Crystals.

The minor noble family has recently fallen into a struggle to maintain their reputation and finances. Many of their members are forced into occupations they had no interest in for the benefit of the noble family, unlike prior where the family was once willing to let its members pursue their own dreams.

This is only further intensified due to the loss of their recent family member, whom was a Church Knight with years of service under his belt.

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) - I would like to get approval for a minor noble family based in Lispool, which passes down a 'unique' technique through their generations. Also to help solidify a character's background!

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request
This is essentially a mixture of artificer techniques! Kind'a. The wearer of the gem/crystal/etc.'s focus is drawn into the object bit by bit, attuning with it over the years until the 'container', the item, is fully filled. Artificers can then draw the focus out and form their own personal weapon from it. This is merely artificers in general but with a bunch of extra steps.
I forgot my last account's password. Oops.
I don't see any issues with this request, you could always play as a minor noble family. I'll approve it.

I would just make it so that the special spirit weapon that's being used will mainly stay as a pure martial weapons.

Meaning you can't suddenly add on special abilities like it can automatically detect undead, can tell the truth from words, etc, etc.
[Image: tenor.gif]
(09-11-2021, 04:35 AM)K Peculier Wrote: I don't see any issues with this request, you could always play as a minor noble family. I'll approve it.

I would just make it so that the special spirit weapon that's being used will mainly stay as a pure martial weapons.

Meaning you can't suddenly add on special abilities like it can automatically detect undead, can tell the truth from words, etc, etc.

Yes, it's just purely a weapon imbued with an element, or no element at all. Dependent on the type of gem given to the babe!
I forgot my last account's password. Oops.
(09-11-2021, 05:04 AM)SpaceShibe Wrote:
(09-11-2021, 04:35 AM)K Peculier Wrote: I don't see any issues with this request, you could always play as a minor noble family. I'll approve it.

Yes, it's just purely a weapon imbued with an element, or no element at all. Dependent on the type of gem given to the babe!

Ok then you're good to go.
[Image: tenor.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes K Peculier's post:
  • SpaceShibe