Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[v2.54b] Shady Knowledge
You can currently scout out your own create shades and reliably check which one is the one you're currently nested in three fairly reliable manners: 

1) Right clicking on the shades and checking which one you can request trade with, as all the other ones will be too far. 

2) Using Debug-battle-tile will display a message in which tells you whether or not a mob or a named player is present in that location, this message is only visible to the user.

3) Resizing your game window to be much smaller than it usually is in order to force the camera in on your current position, allowing you to see exactly where your create shade is. This is only visible to the user obviously.

I suspect the last is not easy to fix, other than messing with camera shenanigans for create shade specifically.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Mewni
None of this seems to give the user of CS a mechanical advantage. it still ends your turn in a random tile of the placement then the rest is history. Why do we not talk about opponents and the bugs out there at their behest in order to detect where someone is under a shade instead? Because as far as I know, those are undetectable as well.
(05-14-2022, 03:17 AM)HaTeD Wrote: None of this seems to give the user of CS a mechanical advantage. it still ends your turn in a random tile of the placement then the rest is history. Why do we not talk about opponents and the bugs out there at their behest in order to detect where someone is under a shade instead? Because as far as I know, those are undetectable as well.

As far as I can recall, all of the methods I listed above are only visible to the user in question, as when tested on the opponent's side, debug-battle-tile, trade request and resizing your game window won't reveal create shades to you. 

If you can think of any methods in which to replicate being able to tell where an opponent's create shade is, you're free to make a bug report on it as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Mewni
Id like to add from a PoV standpoint you would be well in the know of where you are anyway.
You can also just throw any emote bubbles to know that too.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Sawrock
also you can get hit by an attack to find out
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like Sawrock's post:
  • Autumn, InsainArcaneBirdbrain, Tana
you can also use exaggerate to proc ruled by emotion and rebound to find out
[-] The following 1 user Likes HaTeD's post:
  • Sawrock