Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confusion is confusing
Confusion should make you deal 25-50% less damage while you are afflicted by the status, at least, to friendly targets.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
The status is already niche enough, full damage is fine.
Just make it not trivialize events by giving confusion a 25% chance of having mobs target their own allies, instead if 100%. The issue is that when you confuse even one guy you're not only negating their attack but also dealing damage and stopping them from coming closer. Until it receives a nerf in PvE I'm keeping the status res at 180
You have a confusion immunity passive, I'm pretty sure. If it's that much of a problem in events just use that and you don't have to gimp every other infliction for it.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
Confusion doesn't really need any changes. Just slap status immunity on the event mobs and you're in the clear. I honestly cannot think of anything that can't be solved by that. Confusion immunity is pretty well accepted too, since no builds require it.

The only other PvE content it could possibly cause an issue is maybe 80s content, where mobs have nuclear high status res so that's not much of an issue unless you luckily hit a minotaur through their 140+, and even then that'll at most do maybe 200-300 damage to Medis.
Confusion Immunity sometimes don't make sense to be in some mobs. The status is by far not balanced at all, specifically in PvE.

If it had an equal chance to damage opponents and allies, it'd be more fine to stay as is, but due to how the AI works, it needs at least a compensation. Or make it so if you attack an ally, the duration of Confusion is lowered by 1 round.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
It feels wrong to put confusion immunity on everything, but that is probably a good idea.
It's usually better than increasing stat resist sky high to solve one problem.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
I get the idea that eventmins often don't want to disable strategies from other players, but when one of the strategies involves abusing the AI of SL2 and staying away from them, then it can sort of call for confusion immunity on a good deal of monsters.
(03-17-2024, 03:04 AM)Autumn Wrote: I get the idea that eventmins often don't want to disable strategies from other players, but when one of the strategies involves abusing the AI of SL2 and staying away from them, then it can sort of call for confusion immunity on a good deal of monsters.

Not very good solution, and in fact just punishes people for even bothering with this strategy. Why bother doing confusion if every event-mobs will have confusion immunity? You might as well just tell them they can't bring red deck to the table because red deck would counter a very specific thing that everyone else uses.

Beside AoE confusion only exists in Aquamancer, Performer, And Dark Bard. Aquamancers' Water to Wine only inflicts confusion on Dark Water Tile. Performers only uses Piper's - and nobody plays Performer let be real. and Dark bard only catch two or three enemies and inflict confusion out of eight.
[Image: XDo90hy.png]