Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imbue Strike (Lantern Bearer)
Quote:Imbue Strike

Lantern Bearers can cause strikes they make to hold the power of their lantern. Basic attacks with Spear weapons will, while this skill is toggled on, change their damage type to your currently active Eternal Flame's damage type.

Additionally, using a Lantern Bearer offensive spell grants you Elemental Echo for 5 rounds, if you are not already enchanted by an elemental, or treated as enchanted by item effects. (Affected Elements: Fire, Ice, Wind, Earth, Lightning.)
Elemental Echo (Nerhaven/Kraken/Talvyd/Galren/Redgull) - Treated as enchanted by a specific Elemental, temporarily. This status will end after you use a skill or spell with an Elemental Impact effect.

How's that?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Mm... I don't think this really changes the base effect being often detrimental rather than helpful.

Here's what I'd suggest:

Quote:Lantern Bearers can cause strikes they make to hold the power of their lantern. While this skill is toggled on, basic attacks with Spear weapons, as well as Curate and Lantern Bearer Spear skills, will deal bonus damage and change their damage type to your currently active Eternal Flame's damage type.

Hard to say how much of a damage bonus this should be, I was thinking the following options:

A) Elemental ATK scaling, 50% ATK? (Might lead to some basic attack lean abuse with Elemental ATK gorged builds though?)
B) Flat bonus, say +25. (Less impactful, especially for skills but more applicable to characters that wish to use several Flame effects.)
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
(09-27-2024, 07:44 PM)Slydria Wrote: Mm... I don't think this really changes the base effect being often detrimental rather than helpful.

Here's what I'd suggest:

Quote:Lantern Bearers can cause strikes they make to hold the power of their lantern. While this skill is toggled on, basic attacks with Spear weapons, as well as Curate and Lantern Bearer Spear skills, will deal bonus damage and change their damage type to your currently active Eternal Flame's damage type.

Hard to say how much of a damage bonus this should be, I was thinking the following options:

A) Elemental ATK scaling, 50% ATK? (Might lead to some basic attack lean abuse with Elemental ATK gorged builds though?)
B) Flat bonus, say +25. (Less impactful, especially for skills but more applicable to characters that wish to use several Flame effects.)

In regards to option A, lets put this in comparison to similar other flat damage boosts, lets also assume this won't actually end up being abused by Twin Dance cause TD reduces damage after most modifiers instead of being an on-hit.

So for comparisons we would have:
-Bear's Might (+30 Power, +30 Crit Damage)
-Ignite Power (+40ish SWA)
-Claret Call (40-55 flat damage)

Already we have 3 passives all in separate classes, so there's no additional balance issues that would be introduced other than giving this flat damage boost to a class that can access Purity Edge.

Additionally, scaling 50% elemental ATK would likely look like...on average with no boosts, you'd get about anywhere from 60-80 elemental ATK on STR/GUI builds, and 80-100 on WIL builds, so we're probably looking at 30-40 flat damage on builds that already specialize in basic attacking, and then maybe up to 50-60 flat damage on mage builds that would likely benefit from having a bit more help in the basic attacking department.

Notable to bring up is that it's spear exclusive, and comes with the caveat of being attached to a fairly immobile mage class that kind of wants a casting tool for it's healing abilities, ultimately I think option A doesn't actually break the bank too much. At best you'll see builds that would abuse Soaked + Lightning augmented attacks become more prominent, but again its spear exclusive so you can't generally attach that to anything toxic like a Rifle or a Crossbow.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
The idea's not adding damage or not, just having LB interact with Elemental Impact skills more fluidly.

I think it'd be very cool to be able to shift your Elemental Impact effects based on your lantern's light. More on the 'flashy' aspect than anything, really.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]