Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regarding Instant Kills & Divine Ease Extra
TL;DR of the idea for dummies:
Quote:This is an aesthetic suggestion.

>> Akashic damage should be reserved for 'magic' instakills.
>> Vorpal damage should be reserved for 'physical' instakills.

Basically, add a new damage type named 'Vorpal', that utilizes either a new animation or Vorpal Strike's animation. (Alternatively, make it so when 'Physical Akashic damage' is dealt, the damage becomes 'Vorpal' instead.)

The 999999 damage should be reserved for Akashic damage (For "magic" instakills), while Vorpal damage should deal 100% of the target's Maximum HP as its damage (For "physical" instakills).

Both Instakill instances will also reduce the target's HP to 0, for extra measure. (In which will play a 'Mirror Shattering sound' from Divine Eyes, as its queue.)

Both Instakill instances cannot be modified by damage modification effects.

'Tis all. I think this would look better. Akashic's animation isn't cutting it for physical techniques, so this could likely be an opportunity to introduce another fun aesthetic to the game.

===

Now for Divine Ease...

Quote:Could it skip the mini-game in its entirety, and use Fray's animation followed by the final Mirror Shattering noise of the last Divine Eyes line? I think that'd look cooler than how it is now.

If skipping is not possible, just add two new skills and have the trait replace them. 'Mastered Eyes of Elimination' and 'Mastered Divine Eyes', which only play those requested animations and the rest being Ctrl+C and V.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • firehawk11
I don't want the minigame skipped. I like it. And it slowly creating line images on npcs is also fun. The trait lets you still get a perfect success even if lag fucks you up, so I wouldn't want that changed at all.

Vorpal instead of Akeshic does make more sense I think.
I mean in Divine Ease, you do not really have the time to reasonably pull it off anyway. So it might aswell be skipped. Although I am already happy that Dev made it snappier than it was on release, so I am a happy Shujin either way. It only need to stop ear raping everyone so I stop getting death threats when I use it! (A joke)
Divine Ease doesn't really let you trace, if you do or not it will still result in success. So removing the line minigame serves to save us time, and give Divine Ease more purpose to be had, honestly.

If I get another person asking for it to stay the way it is, I might change the suggestion for a fifth trait that just lets my suggestion happen instead, but I 'really' think things should be skipped and fully automated through an animation change.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]