Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clarifying the twinking rule.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6261#p6261 Wrote:Zakizo » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:47 pm[/url]"] • Finally, of course, the community.

This makes me laugh because said reason is also why some people quit playing. Especially since nobody knows how to be mature around here.

Either way, I could care less for the rule in place.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Remember Ryu, no trading cooking supplies between alts, or RPing with your own alts to give yourself stuff.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6263#p6263 Wrote:Rendar » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:18 pm[/url]"]Remember Ryu, no trading cooking supplies between alts, or RPing with your own alts to give yourself stuff.

Okay? Not like it affects me or I give a shit. My inventory is stacked with all the ingredient crap I get from dungeons. Yeah, it breaks the immersion if an heirloom is something is passed down through a family line or something, but, meh.

If people want items so bad, maybe they should get off their lazy asses, party up, and do cores more often.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.

I opened 80+ cores and got nothing but shit tier items. Don't you even start.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6267#p6267 Wrote:Rendar » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:29 pm[/url]"]I opened 80+ cores and got nothing but shit tier items. Don't you even start.

Hey, I know that pain. But that's more of a problem of what's -inside- the cores, rather than people being too lazy to do them (which is because of what's inside the cores (hint hint)).

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6232#p6232 Wrote:Trexmaster » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:04 am[/url]"]
I was just going to leave this post here, since I didn't feel like debating a rule set by dev, but, might as well use this to voice my opinon.

Okay, what? Very rarely do people -delete- the character in question. I'm not sure if this part is serious or not. Anyways, that's not the point. Generally, when people have a level 60 friend to help them out, they'll grind them to an appropriate level, then pass them the equipment they want. So, simply put, no, people don't do this to get rid of the character in question. Next point.

Let me start a poll to see how many times people have deleted their characters. (The joke is that no one can exactly know what everyone is doing in the game.
And, really, with my high-leveled characters, I never much cared if a low level wanted to ride off me for the exp, because most of the time it was IC and I didn't really care.

Quote:Again, people mainly help grind them -then- give them these things. Also, I want you to look at that bolded sentence and think on it for a good minute and see if you can figure out how wrong that is. What difference does it make which character I do the work on? It's practically the same amount of effort for me, except now I have to get the item via RNG on a different character. I shouldn't be actively punished for not having the luck I need, or the friends with the luck I need to get what I want. As for skipping certain sections--most people who've done this have played through the grind at least a good dozen times. Going through the grind for the hundrenth time is beating a dead horse.

If you have a designated blacksmith, it'd be much easier to use that character to make that weapon with all bonus effects then give it to your new character than to train up your new character's blacksmithing to do the same thing. There is a very good chance you have the materials to make the items already with your blacksmith, too. No effort went into reaching that goal with the new character.

And RNG is RNG, completely random. I've gotten a rebellion magmic longsword on one of my new characters once. My level 53 (post le) evoker has NO good hand or feet equipment. Do I suddenly think that I've spent more blood, sweat, and tears on my newer character than my evoker? No, I just had better luck. Not like I deleted them anyway.

But, really, I've been able to get 5, or so, rebellion weapons on my evoker. And with the treasure maps, getting a rebellion spirit is slightly easier.

And, yes, twinking is MUCH easier than doing it normally. Having the resources and power to do it immediately than having to work up to get the resources and power is much easier.

Quote:Awesome, so, the exception is made if the RNG is really, really nice to me. That's great, in the freakish chance it ever happens. Odds are you'll be way past the level it'd be illegal to have an item at by the time you see them (beyond say, rebelling weapons from the jammer cave.)

The exception is RP-related things and the RNG.

Quote:Actually, this is pretty new. Now that alt-trading is being hard-enforced by the game's coding, it seriously restricts people. I know it's hard for people without a lot of characters to understand (not saying you don't have a lot) but, when you're trying to build a character, you'll generally want to pass things around. Now that's impossible, and instead you need to pray a friend gets the drop you want, then gives it to you. The RNG is cruel.

Different interpretations, yadda, yadda. And yeah, I have plenty of characters (~15ish?), but I never actually gave things between characters. BUT. And this is one of the only "buts" I'll give to you, I'm not that serious about creating a specific build in mind aside from stat-wise.

[Image: proves.png]

Quote:Twinking isn't an issue. 'Boosting', isn't an issue. In a game where you have infinite time to prepare a character before you play them RPly, what difference does it make in how long it takes you? Some people have an easier time with it because they have friends to help them, or are just savvy enough to get through quickly.

The restrictions on gear are entirely arbitrary, as rarity has -nothing- to do with how good an item is. Odds are a new player won't even see most of it until they're already in range for 9-star items, as the loot table will almost certainly drop them nothing but garbage, unless they farm low level cores.

And as for fast grinding? Who cares? Why should it matter how fast people get through the game? Just because you can't do it as quickly? Have you thought maybe there's a reason why people want to do it as quickly as they can? Personally, I have an extremely high backlog of characters, all of which I'd want, preferably, to be level 60, more than likely le'd multiple times so they'd be viable against other players, etc. I'm not the only person who does this, and this mindset isn't exclusive to people like me with a ludicrous amount of characters. Anyone savvy -hates- grinding, and of course, still want to participate in the game's....game (see: PvP) and in order to be effective...well...that requires grinding. A lot of it, usually, depending on how much the RNG likes you.

I've played your game more times than I'd like to count, Dev. Making my life and other's who wish to make new characters and have appropriate stats (which varies based on the person, but, recently what's considered appropriate has been going to rediculous levels, but, that's a community issue) isn't the way to go about making your game more fun. If you want people to enjoy your game for what it is, make the content more interesting to play through on the way to level 60. I and many others have made suggestions about this already. (link)

If you want people to go through PvE as you intended, make it so we don't want to claw our eyes out as we CM > Magi > WO > repeat through nearly every single battle, over a thousand times, because few other methods match that speed.

Grinding can get boring at times (see: most of the time), but there's hardly much one can do to make it better. The best grinding I remember is it being IC-wise. Yeah, it may take a little longer due to everyone trying to talk, but it can be much more fun and takes your mind off of time better than complete silence or idle OOC chatter.
[Image: rsz_c1ccb08eb04837ddc6b315f834f7f11a.png]
Quote:If you have a designated blacksmith, it'd be much easier to use that character to make that weapon with all bonus effects then give it to your new character than to train up your new character's blacksmithing to do the same thing. There is a very good chance you have the materials to make the items already with your blacksmith, too. No effort went into reaching that goal with the new character.
Why does it matter if someone worked for a character to make their life easier when they make other characters? The effort went into making that smith. Also, what if you don't want that character to be a smith? You'll just be at the mercy of someone else to get what you want, which isn't necessairly a negative thing, but, in the end, it shouldn't matter what character of mine went through the effort. -I-, the player, went through the effort to get that item.

Quote:And RNG is RNG, completely random. I've gotten a rebellion magmic longsword on one of my new characters once. My level 53 (post le) evoker has NO good hand or feet equipment. Do I suddenly think that I've spent more blood, sweat, and tears on my newer character than my evoker? No, I just had better luck. Not like I deleted them anyway.
Like I said, the RNG can and will spit out either gold or garbage, basically. I'm not sure what your point is here.

Quote:But, really, I've been able to get 5, or so, rebellion weapons on my evoker. And with the treasure maps, getting a rebellion spirit is slightly easier.
Okay? It stands to reason because...well...evoker. Yeah. That's a topic for another day, though.

Quote:And, yes, twinking is MUCH easier than doing it normally. Having the resources and power to do it immediately than having to work up to get the resources and power is much easier.
Obviously, yes, because we had to go through the game normally in the first place to have the resources and power to help other characters along. In the end, it shouldn't matter whatsoever how quickly you can prepare a character, when the means to do so are available to everyone.

Quote:Grinding can get boring at times (see: most of the time), but there's hardly much one can do to make it better. The best grinding I remember is it being IC-wise. Yeah, it may take a little longer due to everyone trying to talk, but it can be much more fun and takes your mind off of time better than complete silence or idle OOC chatter.
It's nice, but, IC grinding isn't always an option or viable for a concept someone may have. The suggestions put forward by myself and many others are possibilites to make it better, as detailed in the link I gave before.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6272#p6272 Wrote:catabur » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:43 am[/url]"]
[Image: proves.png]

Going to be maximum rude here, but Dev reads like he's being a whiny baby.

Anyway, with that rudeness out of the way. All I can do is echo other people in a tl:dr fashion in my own words:

While I dislike giving your characters items through alts, disallowing your friends or other people to give you a helping hand or two to make the grind less of a hassle is much much worse.
Maybe we should get rid of trading items all together. Tongue

It honestly has been way more of a hassle to enforce than necessary.

Just increase the drop rate of rare items for being in parties and call it a day.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6616#p6616 Wrote:Knight613 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:37 pm[/url]"]Maybe we should get rid of trading items all together. Tongue

It honestly has been way more of a hassle to enforce than necessary.

Just increase the drop rate of rare items for being in parties and call it a day.

There goes the thought of roleplaying as a inn/shopkeeper of any kind, giving other people house keys, blacksmiths making things for others, enchanters doing services for others, player run food based places, yeah, sure...sounds grand.

I think we've adjusted by now. It sucks, but it does once in about every 10 updates. It evens out. It's 'okay' the way it is now, but it was better before, but whatever.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."