Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finesse Scaling
Could it be changed from what it is to something like 70% SKI/30% Main Stat?

Right now, running Cold scaling weapons reward you more damage in general, so it's just like a downgraded version of it.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
*salt on* Not even all cold weapons use Cold scaling tag and do not even get that upgrade! I feel cheated! *Salt off*

I don't know if its a good or bad idea, generally speaking. It certainly would allow basic attackers to get away building a bit less stats, and I think something for the more squishy under us has to be done to help their stat spread a bit. Alas I am not sure if I want to buff Hibari (I am joking).

In more seriousness, the only reason why I do not +1 it, is because I am uncertain if this is the right move to make to balance things out in the long run. I know that I would most certainly benefit from that change however.
I like it in the same way I conceptually like the crossbow scaling

Maybe if this version finesse tag broke if the weapon exceed 10 above its base weight to discourage two hand shenanigans
Making anything more then 50% Skill scaling would be an issue. In fact I think anything that always does is one of the problems with hit rate and the fact we need skill in every build almost. Being able to help bypass the need for a main-stat that isn't so critical is kinda silly. However I do believe the old Great Reckoning's weapon scaling was actually better then what we hace currently with all sort of stats being like 100%. It might just be because I like Mythslayer's high DEF scaling it had which I thought was pretty cool.n
I don't mind it being tied to weapon weight, or even making it 50% STR/SKI. You bunch can discuss more about that but I personally feel it's not required since a reshuffle of where its scaling will be will in the end not change its potential damage. (Which is 100% of STR and SKI, distribution wise.)

70% and 30% will let this be like how crossbows are, but deal -30% less damage if you don't build STR.

I just think the current doesn't really enable you to play the theme of someone who trades strength for precision, which is what finesse means. The damage technically won't change, as the total scaling will still be left at 100%.

Like I said, Cold scaling goes up to 110%, for being an elemental scaling. So the weapon archetype will still be better no matter what.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Not to mention the ones that deal bonus ice damage, like the Icebreaker or Ymir. I do like the idea but maybe we should move SL2 into a more natural version of the first Great Reckoning? I do like the idea of Finesse beign effective it just the hit rate issue is where my concern is with you need like 60-65 Scaled Skill, I am worried anything like that would just be the new Meta for a while.

Not tosay we shouldn't have two different play styles, Finesse vs Brute Strength. It be rather cool to see.
to be fair, all hitters usually do build around 60 scaled Skill, so how people build won't change. All that changes is that there will be different weapons used, and perhaps ease some builds with their 7 stat statspread down to 6.

It happens already either way, just that many people use guile weapons instead. So mostly it will just change how many weapons are viable with that playstyle.
Finesse could be changed to be 50% STR and 50% SKI and it'd be fine most likely. It'd allow a 60 SKI 40 STR build to function.
[-] The following 2 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Miller, Snake
70% skill on finesse would be crazy. We used to have a lot more crazy scalings before everything was reigned in. Like Bamboo bo being 100% skill. Especially now that we have mundane.
I kinda wish we would go back to the old system. 100% Skil Bamboo Bo was fun.