Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Everyone Gets a Sidecut
I think that Sidecut and Sillcut should be useable by all weapon classes similar to Repel, or at least all melee weapon classes, I think that this would solve a lot of the gripes that I have with certain weapon types like Fists or Axes which just simply lack the ability to gap close when using duelist, and hanging already serves a better purpose than Sidecut except it's not attached to Duelist (which is probably weaker than BK currently anyway)

Doing this not only buffs Duelist to be a bit more all encompassing towards builds like it used to be, but also makes for cool combos in general, and now that Sidecut is fixed to not process knockbacks during the animation anymore (I think), I really see no issue in allowing this.
[-] The following 3 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Fern, firehawk11, Miller
I would be interested to see this if it can be worked in some way, it will mainly open up more ghost builds specifically I imagine (monk/ghosts va/ghosts, bk/ghosts etc. rise up) but as a whole, it would be nice for it to have more use especially for everyone. I admit even for duelist's promotions, it would open for more variety on even a destiny duelist characters who might want to use axes in place of other things.

+1 for this, or consideration on it atleast.
[-] The following 2 users Like Dezark's post:
  • Fern, firehawk11
It should. Duelist is already very basic attack oriented, and this would help further enforce this feast or famine fighting style.

I think to compensate, Swords being used with Sidecut should get something extra, as well as Spears with Sillcut. Just a bonus effect to make them stand out from the homogenization.

Something like:
"If Sword weapon type, On-Critical: Sillcut's momentum becomes 0, and Repeat Action is reset. (3 rounds CD)" (Sidecut)
"If Polearm weapon type, On-Critical: Sidecut's momentum becomes 0, and Repeat Action is reset. (3 rounds CD)" (Sillcut)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Or we don't and keep it simple.
[-] The following 2 users Like Shujin's post:
  • JamOfBoy, Miller
Sidecut bows....That will be all for now.
Wait something worse, gun sidecut!
I'm in for all melee weapon

You have firebird and ghost that has utility upon using spears and axes but when you do so, you turn out to be cut off the most basic skill of duelist. WHICH IS SAD.

Let spears and axes be able to Sidecut
Let swords and axes be able to Sillcut
[-] The following 2 users Like lalchi's post:
  • firehawk11, Miller