Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out of Luck
I'd be up for the idea of 1.5 crit per point of LUC personally, it won't solve the heavier issues of stat spread and such in the later run too heavily, but that also what comes with a build somewhat in having to prepare as well I feel; I can say it is at least doable in some sense to match a build even with what we have currently; you might not have the perfect crit dmg or enough crit always against crit evade built tanks or the sort, but that comes with part of the sense as well I imagine.
[-] The following 2 users Like Dezark's post:
  • firehawk11, Miller
Luck should probably receive more stuff to it rather than being so exclusive to critical hits. Those are all bandaids that seek immediate solutions at the trade of something that could be way better in the long run.

There's a lot of potential behind the theme of someone who's really lucky than "heehoo i crit u", if y'all know what I'm saying.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Like what?
Hard for me to say how this could be more properly balanced in terms of crit.
Weapon crit exists, but armor crit does not, without sacrificing your most powerful enchantment slot.

At the same time, not being able to crit is very unfun for crit builds.
I Don't particularly think luck needs a buff though. Reverting it to also add hit and evade nerfs dodgers, having it boost crit further nerfs critical evade builds and buffs critical attacker builds, which are very strong.

As per usual, str critical builds are the ones that suffer the most. Adding some crit mult to luck and reducing guile's just a bit would probably be my opinion, if we had to make any change to begin with.
(04-01-2023, 02:05 AM)renowner Wrote: Hard for me to say how this could be more properly balanced in terms of crit.
Weapon crit exists, but armor crit does not, without sacrificing your most powerful enchantment slot.

At the same time, not being able to crit is very unfun for crit builds.
I Don't particularly think luck needs a buff though.  Reverting it to also add hit and evade nerfs dodgers, having it boost crit further nerfs critical evade builds and buffs critical attacker builds, which are very strong.

As per usual, str critical builds are the ones that suffer the most. Adding some crit mult to luck and reducing guile's just a bit would probably be my opinion, if we had to make any change to begin with.

There's a misconception about Boneheart many people don't really realize, in that if it does block 1 critical hit from ever occurring, it has already out-valued Giant Gene or Leviathan heart, it is often a mainstay when critical hits are meta, if anything a crit rate increase actually buffs Boneheart's consistency in a sense, because you'll find that basic attackers become a bit more common place.
(03-29-2023, 10:28 PM)Snake Wrote: Luck should probably receive more stuff to it rather than being so exclusive to critical hits. Those are all bandaids that seek immediate solutions at the trade of something that could be way better in the long run.

There's a lot of potential behind the theme of someone who's really lucky than "heehoo i crit u", if y'all know what I'm saying.

You mean stuff Like lucky shell thingies? Honestly, I loved old lucky shell builds before they got gutted and then due time more worthless because we have so many Multihit stuff that just deletes you level.  *wipes away tear* never forget the literal immortals.

@Autumn

While I absolutely agree with what you are saying, increasing crit to the point where you will have 100% even against a highluc/BK/Boneheart, person, is a time where I say that enchant is very much useless. So there certainly needs to be a balance. Building effective crit evades, that aren't BK/Priests or Faith Ranger is fairly difficult against high end crit builds with VA or Kenseis, or god forbid both, buffs.

I do not really have enough data on hand myself though to reliably say whats too much and what isn't. Just by my own Crit builds I have one around 100 and one around 120ish, prebuffs. 
A crit evade tank I tried to make (no Faith, couldn't fit it), BK with boneheart had about 88ish, and with NW/Attrait thats basically nothing already. granted I could go higher on the evade end, but do crit builds truly need +20-25%ish crit chance? An equivalent of Boneheart? My gut feeling tells me its too much. But again, I do not have enough data on hand.