Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Sanctity and the welcoming corruption with no sign of help.
Sound is not pure...
(04-07-2023, 03:25 PM)Poruku Wrote: Simply build SAN. The whole point is that getting sanctity makes you more pure and thus eliminates your corruption traits.

I will direct you to a quote of mine just a few posts up.

(03-30-2023, 09:40 PM)The Alpha Bat Wrote: I've yet to see a compelling lore reason why corrupted races are worse at hurting things with sound magic than others.

Of course, that's entirely an issue with SAN being connected to Sound ATK.

Lest we forget, for the actual issue of the matter, here's the three most important facts:
1. Sound ATK is required to utilize Dark Bard well relative to other players.
2. Building SAN is required to raise one's Sound ATK to the aforementioned competitive level.
3. Building SAN negatively impacts corrupted races' racial abilities.

The addition of a Luminary Element Sound would be a janky solution but indeed a solution. Currently, this is both a balance issue and a lore issue.

Before it's said (again), yes, there's nothing inherently wrong with a race being worse with a class than any other race but the game currently does not work like that, at least not to this extent. And that's ignoring the difference between some races being better with a class and some races being worse with a class. Now, this could be a first in the way the game is designed going forward but, frankly, I'd rather not be heading in that direction. I want my race/class freedom.
I dunno if there's a deep reason each element is connected to any given stat. Why does being accurate make you better at ice, but being cunning make your acid spells stronger? Some of them have a strong link, like faith, but yeah. It's not like corrupted can't be good at sound, it just means if a corrupted is more pure they will be good at sound.

But again, I think luminary is the right solution here.

Finally, I think SAN is viable on shaitan cause you keep painful grip and it's a good stat for a tank.
[-] The following 2 users Like Poruku's post:
  • Pyro, Sawrock
Luminary sound and acid would be cool.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I suggested a while back that I think that Sound and Acid should get traits that turn the Lightning and Earth signs into the respective elements, I believe that should still be a thing, sound should be accessible to corrupted somehow, and SAN should remain as a gimmicky anti-stat for Corrupted, mostly for flavor reasons.
The very existence of racials and base stats mean that some races will be better than others at some things.

I don't really like how impactful racials are, how important base stats are due to soft-cap scaling, or the how Elemental Attack works as a whole, but that's where we are.

But I would be all for completely divorcing Elemental Attack from stats.