Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Charge Weapon on all weapons
I believe it'd be fair to give kiss farewell, burst claw, and any other weapon that can use excel charges that I don't know about charge weapon. I imagine they didn't have charge weapon to balance out the bonus effects they have compared to the original set. . .But now the origional set has Elite Engine, which is just better than the abilities of the other weapons anyway, generally speaking.

Especially if we're gonna end up making excel charges expire after battle, this should be a change made. (Which I believe should also happen.)
The fact is in PvE status effect should last longer. It literally only breaks when you try to do PvP which is highly debatable rather or not SL2 was designed around PvP and not PvE content but like what's Elite Engine?
(04-03-2023, 12:38 PM)firehawk11 Wrote: The fact is in PvE status effect should last longer. It literally only breaks when you try to do PvP which is highly debatable rather or not SL2 was designed around PvP and not PvE content but like what's Elite Engine?
A weaker modifier to excel charges, from a potential on the original line of excel weapons, caps the damage boost to around level 1, but allows you to hold multiple charges.
(04-03-2023, 08:32 PM)Lolzytripd Wrote:
(04-03-2023, 12:38 PM)firehawk11 Wrote: The fact is in PvE status effect should last longer. It literally only breaks when you try to do PvP which is highly debatable rather or not SL2 was designed around PvP and not PvE content but like what's Elite Engine?
A weaker modifier to excel charges, from a potential on the original line of excel weapons, caps the damage boost to around level 1, but allows you to hold multiple charges.

It's over double level 1. And you can always hold multiple charges. 
Elite Engine makes each charge only add 35% damage instead of 50 but only 1 at a time is removed. 

As an illustrative example. If you have 3 charges and one weapon with excel Engine and one weapon without it, it'd look like this.

Using non elite engine:
All 3 charges are spent and damage is increased by 150. Next turn you get one charge back from conversion gloves and do 50% more on your attack. 

Using elite engine:
You have 3 charges and do 105% damage. Only one charge is removed so you have 2 charges left. You can attack again for 70% more damage or if you wait to next turn you'll have 3 charges again and do 105% once more and go back to 2 charges. 
Elite engine just makes you only use one charge at once. 

Its much better over time especially with an est lestrada making the damage differential highly in favor of elite engine.

Labrys can match its damage but over statistical averages will not. 
Kiss Farewell can match it under passive effect but in 1v1s you can't possibly get it except vs ghosts and summoners
Elite engine is far better for people who are doing the classic conversion kit stuff, so most people. The others can be good for oneshot build/when you are rarely using basic attacks.

Kiss farewell is unique because it can become a bow
(04-08-2023, 06:29 PM)Poruku Wrote: Elite engine is far better for people who are doing the classic conversion kit stuff, so most people. The others can be good for oneshot build/when you are rarely using basic attacks.

Kiss farewell is unique because it can become a bow

Elite Engine is probably about the same performance as The Kiss Farewell's potential when it procs, the problem with Kiss Farewell is you need to kill something, but hey if there's ever a wraithguard on the field thats pretty easy in pvp. The unique thing with TKF is that it stacks with Conversion Gloves + Shock Collar for the ability to generate 2 charges per turn, a higher risk but higher reward option than elite engine.

TKF is not unique because it can become a bow, mutation is unique in that it can create an excel bow, and there is a difference in that statement. TKF is unique due to it's handgun status, increased critical damage and the aforementioned potential.
Yep. If we had an Excel Bow scaling from STR, it'd still underperform compared to Firearm scaling. Good ol' Bows, always taking the short end.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
(04-11-2023, 08:38 PM)Snake Wrote: Yep. If we had an Excel Bow scaling from STR, it'd still underperform compared to Firearm scaling. Good ol' Bows, always taking the short end.
We do....Labrys is an excel str bow when mutato'd
Elite engine is really op.
Excel Sniper is stronger than kiss farewell in general, by lieu of being a rifle instead of a handgun, too.
I think the other weapons like burst claw and labrys and such all should get a small boost up to make up for their lack of elite engine, which again, is stupidly good.

That small boost up would just be. . . Charge weapon. Which the elite engine weapons have anyway. That's what i'm advocating for. The gap between the OG series and all the new excel weapons just seems massive to me.