Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shop Stocks
Simply put, every weapon and armor in the automated shops have been reset to having no enchantments, qualities, or materials on them.

Their names were also reset.

As to how and why, I don't know, but prior to the recent hot-fix they all seemed fine.
Seems like it only affected shopkeepers on stalls. How odd. But the server did crash earlier, so maybe it has something to do with that.
Well then.
Is there any chance we might see a follow up to this, or are the items pretty much lost forever? (Well, technically they're still there, but all of them have lost their value and usefulness)

I've been gone for a few days and came back to find a rather large amount of my items affected by this as I had a pretty large amount of things for sale at the time, including some rather valuable and important things stored in there. Had things like three different dragon swords with +power on them, all sorts of rare items with good qualities, enchants, etc. It's a pretty big hit and most of the stuff isn't even worth breaking down at this point as there's no enchants or materials.

I've seen a few of the other bigger shops have been hit quite hard as well, with a lot of good stuff suffering the same fate. Although I suppose the number of people hit hard by this aren't too big, it would be nice to see some sort of compensation perhaps for what happened if it's all unrecoverable. I do have to admit that it's a lot of hours spent loot hunting down the drain if we can't get the stuff back.
Unfortunately I do not have the tools currently to manually reapply the qualities/enchantments, and there's no way to verify the validity of any claimed qualities/enchantments on the affected items. I realize that it sucks and I'm no more happy about it than you are but there's nothing that I can really do.
This happened again following the most recent crash.

Weapons and armor stocked in shops have lost all qualities, materials, and enchants. Acessories, hands, and shoes remain unaffected, but their names are reset to default.

And, of course, shopkeeper names/genders were reset too.
I restored the last temporary backup from before I found the issue occurred, however, in the future, do not contact Scias to put the server back up unless it's been like days and there's no sign of me.