Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trait - One Eye
General trait once more, with a twist to it...

Quote:One Eye (Left)

You didn't see that one coming, now you're stuck in the dark. At least you've gained an eye for detail with it. Increases your base Critical by 10, and your Critical Damage by 15%.

However, it gave you a blind spot! Attacks done to you from your relative west (If you are facing north, your left. If you are facing south, your right, etc.) will have their Hit and Critical increased by 40. (Can be reduced by Blind Fighting).

- If you also have the One Eye (Right) trait, you will count as if you're 'physically blind', gaining extra effects in combat.

Quote:One Eye (Right)

You didn't see that one coming, now you're stuck in the dark. At least you've gained an eye for detail with it. Increases your base Critical by 10, and your Critical Damage by 15%.

However, it gave you a blind spot! Attacks done to you from your relative east (If you are facing north, your right. If you are facing south, your left, etc.) will have their Hit and Critical increased by 40. (Can be reduced by Blind Fighting).

- If you also have the One Eye (Left) trait, you will count as if you're 'physically blind', gaining extra effects in combat.

Physically Blind (Debuff)
Cannot be cleansed. Negates the Blind Spot drawbacks from One Eye traits. Disables the use of skills and spells that use eyes or sight. At the start of every round, you are inflicted with Blind with a permanent duration.

(Blind Fighting Bonus: While Blind, increases your base Critical by 20 and your base Evade by 10. If any enemy moves within 2 range of you or attacks you, you will automatically face them).
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
These are way too strong. . . . For way too strange a drawback.
The one handed trait is simple: You lose two hand. You can't dual wield. You get +5 base hit.
These are severe drawbacks for a minor boost, for someone who wants to roleplay as having one arm, or lost it anyway.
(Or I guess, for someone using a tome and an indignant idol its kinda free, which is lame, but whatever. Its only +5 hit on a weapon type that has no parts.)
Or more problematic, Bows. Which really did not need that hit boost. Frankly I feel like it should negate bows in the first place!
But I got off topic.

Basically if you wanted a one eyed trait, I don't think there'd need to be two seperate ones. And I also don't think it'd need to have such huge buffs or such strange drawbacks. Having one eye should nerf your hit against far away foes, and potentially increase your farshot penalty. But increase hit by 5 against targets just next to you. As having one eye messes with depth perception.

But then it has the issue of just being taken up by every dagger/melee fighter. . . . Either way and regardless: +10 crit and +15 critical damage multiplier is far too much for a trait to give.

A totally blind trait could be a neat idea.