Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medals, Stamps and Milestones
An idea I thought might add a little additional depth to building, but I am not exactly thinking is a must have, just a way to tie existing mechanics in, with a little more purpose.

One thing that always bothers me, is when certain UI Elements aren't actually used much if at all, or feel unfinished.

Stamps I always thought to be odd, even in G6 already, was how the stamp system worked. In essence, I got the idea and liked it:
-You do stuff, you get a stamp for small Boni.
-You have limited Slots (36 total), so its another avenue to build your build.

Simple and effective. Whats Odd about it is more that we never actually had enough Stamps to fill the slots with, so the part of making choices there was never a given. You always just got everything. And Korvara that was forgotten entirely and now is dead UI.

Medals
Medals/Milestones are the little popup windows for one-time Achievements. You have alot of them, many being random goofy things, some being Milestones, some hard to get, some easy and you get them naturally. BUT

You have no way to actually look them up, which makes them up and forgotten quickly or you can not "Aim" to achieve one, its just happening at random. And its just achievements Visually.

My Idea would be to connect both things and make it feel a bit more rewarding, as people naturally get additional stamps from just playing the game and achievement hunting. Its fun!

How I think it would work if implemented:
-Add a greenbook/questlog submenu that displays Medals/Milestones You have and you are missing, to make it a little more fun you could leave hints on not achieved ones
-Many of the Mdeals/Milestones now also come with Stamps or Legend Ink Rewards or other similar things.
-The Idea is to have many Stamps, with tiny Boni, so that you eventually have to make a decision about which stamps you Equip making it part of the build.
-Not all stamps should be combat/stat stamps either.
-I am half tempted to also say that the stampbook would then also need a "Fruit" item to reset the stamps, to prevent too easy hot swapping.

Ideas what could be:
-Mastering each class could give a Class relevant stat (maybe one extra for Destiny people to be fair to them)
-Money Achievements could give extra droprate/Moneydrop stamps.
-Roleplay medal +exp stamp
-Tying medals/Milestones to Bosses with harderones giving maybe Legend Inks and some other interesting stamps. Like your level counts +1 (no Extra stats, its just for calculating effects, meaning at Lv60 vs 60 Orichalcum might find use. )
-some raw +1 base sub stats for Evade/Hit/crit/Crit evade or Armor/marmor, FP/HP regen, Raw HP/FP etc. could be given for monster slaying milestones or reaching level thereshold (Number of certain mobs killed or total monster slay counter)
-maybe some cool stamps for reaching level 6 in a craft, thats related to said craft to make it slightly improved. more crafting/cooking related Milestones, so people actually playing the craft alot get tiny boosts, over someone who just rushes to 6 for the sake of it (crafters rise!)
-Maybe even stamps that give like +1 enemy spawn. So like pseudo bloodsoaked, which in a party +4. Cause its fun to create your own challange.

Stuff like that. Its something you can rush, but will come eventually with time me naturally. Once you have a lot of stamps that all only do a tiny bit, you have to start making choices, and the system is easily expandable in future when new content is added.

Won't lose any sleep over it not being added, but I think it be a neat addition that ties already existing mechanics in that feel Halffinsihed or forgotten to begin with.
[-] The following 2 users Like Shujin's post:
  • Fern, firehawk11
Ilike it.
Would take a lot of effort to add everything but would be cool if it happened, in spirit.
Even if it was just something nation leaders could hand out. Like actual badges of honor. Accolades.