Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Character Application - Kira Diragmos
Applicable BYOND Key - POOPlup0987654321
Character Name - Kira Diragmos
Request Type - Character Ability Fluff, Weapon Ability Fluff, Affliction Ability, Character Approval, Character Weapon, Character Appearance

Request Details -  

a) A race based off of humans that are described as so: the race Frostborne, are individuals that are tall and muscular humanoids with white, blue, or gray skin, and icy blue eyes. They have a layer of frost covering their body, which they can control to varying degrees. The Lore pertaining to Frostbornes is that they are a race of beings born in the frozen north, where they have adapted to survive in the harsh, icy terrain. They have the ability to manipulate ice and snow, using it to create weapons and armor, as well as to freeze their enemies in place. Their society is organized around the principles of strength, honor, and loyalty, and they value physical prowess above all else. This character's gameplay is as follows, Frostbornes would be a physically oriented race, with high starting strength and endurance stats. They would have a racial ability that allows them to temporarily freeze their enemies in place, and another ability that allows them to create weapons and armor out of ice. However, they would also have a weakness to fire-based attacks, as their frosty bodies are vulnerable to heat.

b) The Ice gauntlets: These gauntlets are forged from the purest ice and infused with the user's own ki energy. It is incredibly dangerous and can freeze anything it touches. The user can also channel their ki into the knuckles to unleash devastating ice attacks, freezing enemies and shattering even the strongest defenses. The gauntlets also has the unique ability to create a shield of ice around the user, protecting them from incoming attacks and damaging enemies that come into contact with the shield. This would couple with my previously mentioned character and would act as a primordial heritage weapon that is passed down within the Frostborne lineage.

c)Traits and skills unique to this character: Trait: Gifted (increases all stats at character creation)
Talent: Inner Strength (increases maximum HP and MP)
Starting Stats: 20 Strength, 10 Dexterity, 10 Agility, 20 Stamina, 5 Intelligence, 5 Willpower

Passives:
And some of these passive/active abilities if possible: 
Inner Strength - Increase maximum HP and MP by a certain percentage.
Nimble Feet - Increase evasion and movement speed by a certain percentage.
Body Control - Reduce the cooldown of martial arts and Verglas abilities.
Resolute Mind - Increase critical hit chance and critical hit damage.
Rugged Endurance - Increase resistance to physical damage and reduce stagger duration.
Mind Over Matter - Increase resistance to magical damage and reduce status ailment duration.
Raging Spirit - Increase damage dealt while at low health.
Focused Mind - Increase accuracy and damage dealt with martial arts abilities.
Parry Master - Increase chance to parry incoming attacks.
Master of Balance - Increase resistance to knockback and knockdown.
Ki Flow - Increase MP regeneration rate.
Elemental Resonance - Increase damage dealt with elemental-infused attacks.
Martial Discipline - Increase martial arts critical hit rate.
Liquid Nitrogen - Frostbornes have blood that is at subzero. When cut, slightly freezing and damaging it comes it contact with?

Active:
Dragon Kick - A powerful martial arts technique that deals massive damage and knocks enemies back.
Arctic Blizzard - Create a powerful blizzard that deals damage and slows enemies in a wide area.
Ki Blast - Fire a powerful blast of ki that deals damage and staggers enemies.
Diamond Skin - Increase defense and reduce incoming damage for a short time.
Chain Strike - Rapidly strike multiple enemies with a flurry of martial arts moves.
Frost Nova - Create an explosion of ice around yourself that damages and freezes enemies.
Burst of Speed - Temporarily increase movement speed and dodge chance.
Focused Strike - Deliver a precise strike that deals massive damage and ignores enemy defenses.
Thunderclap - Create a shockwave that damages and stuns enemies in a wide area.
Phantom Step - Quickly dash forward and gain temporary invincibility.
Glacier Wall - Create a wall of ice that blocks incoming attacks and damages enemies.
Perfect Parry - Parry an incoming attack and counterattack with a powerful strike.
Hurricane Strike - Unleash a powerful spinning strike that damages and knocks back enemies.
Frostbite - Inflict a debuff on enemies that slows them and reduces their attack speed.
Dragon Dance - Perform a unique martial arts dance that increases physical abilities and grants immunity to certain types of damage

And one Unique Skill that aligns with my character/race:
Absolute Zero: This powerful ability allows the user to freeze the air around them, creating a zone of extreme cold that damages and slows down enemies caught within it.

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable):

a) I'm making this request because I wanted a character that could be deeply attuned with his martial artist/Verglas class. And this unique race would add to why my character would have such a deep affinity to ice and the way of hand-to-hand combat. Overall, it would prove to make the roleplay experience deeper, since my character would also have this stoic, resolute personality about him when communicating with others, but he would also be a string all or advisory on the battlefield. His appearance intimidating and unpredictable. Also, height would be slightly above average, and the specific abilities mentioned in the race bio are unnecessary ie. create ice weapons, and etc. since some of these would be within the Verglas class.

b) This is just something that further added to the plot of my character being a frostborne, making a special and unique item that would be specific to my race and class. It seems straightforward in its use and its acquisition would be at character creation, although require a certain level, and/or stat requirements, for balance purposes.

c) These abilities were requested for just eccentric playstyle within the game, being a prodigy when it comes to hand-to-hand combat makes him suppossedly gifted, but that could overstep my bounds. The passives/actives just added some fun and intense abilities for a martial artist that would switch up how a battle could go especially pertaining to my race specific abilities like Absolute Zero, Liquid Nitrogen, Frost Nova, Glacial Wall, Artic Blizzard, and etc. This is just more stuff that would also be supported by the lore due to the origin of my character. Many of these abilities would certainly be reworked, and not all of them would naturally be accepted, but they were cool additions i thought for a martial artist/Verglas

Roleplay Lore Supporting Request:

Character Ability Lore - Understanding the lore within the game that Verglas are disciples that live in monasteries of Hyoya, which is a harsh environment, training and encapsulating their abilities from the snow. And Verglas being martial artist make some of the passive and active martial artist specific abilities plausible due to their background, with addition to their snow abilities make many of the abilities listed viable. Furthermore, the appearance and certain characteristics of the race would be reasonable due to the training within the harsh environment and a deep attunement of a Verglas being one with the ice and snow, hence the hair, eye, and physical attributes.

Weapon Lore - the ice gauntlets would coincide with the idea that as Yuyan Verglas departed, he left behind heirlooms to his disciples that would be passed down to hone and strengthen. The abilities would work like other weapons that create smoke screens or inflict elemental damage with how it would work with ice. And how some weapons have the description of having auras, or physical appearances, this would have a rigid icy air coating it, due to its total imbuement of ice element within the gauntlets from Yuyan. It's not able to freeze on touch every time, but there would be a chance. This heirloom incumbent on the ki the martial artist is able to imbue within it.

Tid Bits - the weapon would grow colder, and ice would engulf the user's arms as its infused with icy ki, almost completely encompassing them.
This application belongs in the Suggestions for Class/Race ideas sub-forum as there are too many abilities for a single player have as unique race.
[Image: tenor.gif]