Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[v2.73] Wraithguardn't
Wraithguard seems to behave oddly compared to every other DR in the game, while passive DRs like Indomitable/Weathered Body/Voidveil etc. do NOT currently reduce the damage of unprotectable damage (Such as Poison/Bombs/Divine Eyes), Wraithguard is the exception to this, where it is specifically able to mitigate these forms of damage where other DRs cannot, making it inconsistent among every other DR source other than perhaps parries.

This might be intended, this might not be intended, I just wish for unprotectable damage to remain consistent in what it should affect so either outcome is fine.
I want to say it's because of the way Wraithguard works versus every other DR in the game.

Wraithguard takes from a pool of HP the Wraithguard mob has to grant the DR in question, effectively acting like a damage shield, no other DR outside actual damage shields (literally just Jarmor I'm pretty sure) act like that.

The only oddity is when the Wraithguard runs out of HP to block, though in a way its functionality is the same as the whole one damage shield we have. It'll apply its full reduction to the last damage instance that it applied to even if it'd run all of its remaining resources down.

I think this would be best served as a Balance Fu post if you wanted to suggest Wraithguard no longer apply to DR-ignoring abilities.