Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blunt Weapon Parts
I don't know why we never had those. It'd be cool to have weapon parts for weaponry that you don't want to use when being a good cop who just wants to suppress an enemy without leaving them a bleeding, sliced or punctured mess on the ground.

Quote:Blunt Blade / Axehead / Spearhead / Bullets / Arrows

-2 Power, -3 Critical, +5 Weight, Changes the damage type to Blunt.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 7 users Like Snake's post:
  • CuteRedCrab, Fern, firehawk11, Poruku, Pyro, Sawrock, Soul_Hacker
I’m more of the opinion that we can use bullshit anime logic for why non-blunt weapons can subdue someone- same reason why fire magic won’t leave third degree burns unless you’re in a serious fight or why a sword won’t instawin a fight on a single hit.

I still agree on the weapon part though, put perhaps it could just add weight instead of giving drawbacks- and considering blunt is the worst of the three physical damage types, maybe add +power or something.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sawrock's post:
  • Fern
I mean yeah, I'd be down for +3 Power and +10 Weight.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I think blunt is the BEST of the three damage types. . .Races don't innately resist it, and almost nobody gets kitted out to resist blunt. I see slash and pierce resist fairly often. Naga has innate slash resistance, pierce resist is common due to how common the weapons that use it are. . . There's that one poncho to resist 12% of blunt, but its almost never used.

And boosting weight is also kinda cracked. That means every spell stave now gets the full +20 power from two hand. . And then some.
It'd just become extremely meta.

Huge blade itself had huge drawbacks tied to its massive weight increase, and that would also be what's required for something like this to exist. Not to mention Arbalest's battle weight stuff. . . Giving such a huge weight increasing part to every weapon type needs to be considered very thoughtfully. If we open this door, then things could get a bit crazy.