Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Talent Suggestion - Shield Expertise
This very likely won't make it in, but I feel like sharing my ideas for once anyways.

Quote:Talent - Weaponry - Shield Expertise
1.5 SP Per rank

Guardian - 1 SR

While guarding with a shield equipped, when hit by a projectile attack, the projectile will vanish. (You will still take damage.)

this effect is lost if you are guard broken.

Stalwart - 4 SR

While wielding a shield, gain armor equal to SR, amount increased by 2x when guarding, this bonus is lost if you are guard broken.

Phalanx - 4 SR

While wielding a shield, adds SR * 5 damage to counter-attack skills when you have taken damage while guarding this round, this bonus is lost if you are guard broken.
[-] The following 3 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Poruku, Sawrock, Snake
Beautiful. Please implement this.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Let's frickin go baby
I'm all for it, but this is probably a fully biased opinion given I am a forever-shield-user.

Though yeah, anything to spice up shields would be nice.
066: Birth of the Robot Emperor
the bonus counter attack damage I dunno about, with skull shield could get a little nutty.
But I DO think shields have needed some love for a very long time. now it'd actually have a reason to be picked instead of two hand, and give that one shield axe more of a niche.
I like this. However I think if something like this is implemented, with all of the reference to guard breaks. . .

We should actually have guard breaks. I can think of two, three if we count Gigantys.
Reaper's scythe is a pretty dang strong guard break on a class that's pretty common. But yeah, fair enough.
Sounds awesome!
[-] The following 1 user Likes PossumParty's post:
  • renowner
(05-16-2023, 04:33 AM)renowner Wrote: Reaper's scythe is a pretty dang strong guard break on a class that's pretty common. But yeah, fair enough.

My only rebuttal to this is: How often do you see Ghosts actually run an axe.
Pretty often actually. There is also wazabane combo. But a handful of extra guard breaks would be nice