Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Death gaze aint it chief
its not deadly, and for the work you put in for it you don't get much out

Gotta mark them with CC

Fear em

It makes the unmarkable for a few rounds and silences them

for 200% dark attack (ignores armor, not DR)

Even if you pumped your dark attack to about 100 (which isn't easy on ghost ) you'd  get 200 damage that then gets hit by DR, while spells with ZERO setup do more on average because they get 100% swa +140ish elemental attack total.

My solution for this would be to make it stronger somehow, incorporating SWA into it somewhere OR making it not require claret call, only consuming CC to silence, but being usable on any feared target without pause.
[-] The following 2 users Like Lolzytripd's post:
  • Fern, Pyro
Simple fix. Remove fear requirement, leaving only CC because it ties into every single thing Ghost does. Add in SWA but in doing this you'd need to then lower 200% Dark Attack to a reasonable area which would range anywhere from 120-150%. Increase duration of silence to 3 rounds because it consumes CC after all.
[-] The following 2 users Like PantherPrincess's post:
  • Fern, Pyro
(05-23-2023, 01:50 AM)PantherPrincess Wrote: Simple fix. Remove fear requirement, leaving only CC because it ties into every single thing Ghost does. Add in SWA but in doing this you'd need to then lower 200% Dark Attack to a reasonable area which would range anywhere from 120-150%. Increase duration of silence to 3 rounds because it consumes CC after all.
that could work
I've tackled this too, if anything it should be like old Absolute Fear, since it has more conditions than the current one that tend to be crippling for the gameplay of a Ghost and its damage.

I like that idea of no pre-CC reqs.

Quote:Death Gaze

Blah blah flavor. Deal dark magic damage to an enemy and inflicts Fear for 2 rounds. If the target is already Feared, inflicts Silence for 2 rounds.

If the target has at least Claret Call LV10, consume it to increase the duration of each status. (Fear = +1 Duration/10 LVs, Silence = +1 Duration/20 LVs.)

If the Claret Call LV is above 30, the skill will ignore immunity to Fear and Silence. (Including boss enemies).
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I feel like there's been other threads about this move. . It shouldn't delete claret calls at all. Unmarkable is maybe still fine. But I literally would never use this move over ether invitation or last chance in my life.