Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engineer Deploy: X's Skill Points
Deploy: Railgan, Deploy: Turret, Deploy: Medibot and Deploy: Metalaegis should all be lowered from Rank 5 to Rank 3.

Change the values of Perfection buff from 0/2/4/6/8 to either A) 2 + 2/4/6 or B) 0/4/8.

I don't see why you should spend 5 points for just bonus stats, it doesn't lower FP cost, it doesn't give the bots anything new, nor even changes how their Scraps interact with a redeployment, so I think it's just a waste of points and I tend to put 1 point on each anyway, since just +8 to all stats is kind of irrelevant at best.

With this minor SP crunch they can at least invest in more Upgrades and play more into the support role, or even invest in Pure Genius without worrying much.

That's all for this request.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Not even gonna lie.

The only thing leveling up the bots do (for level 35 engineer) is just.. maybe, and thats a VERY big maybe, give it enough HP to survive 3 hits instead of 2.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rendar's post:
  • Snake
Engineer bots need to be on destiny level to be worth it. I've tried to make engineer work for non-destiny class combos and it's just always never worth it. The skill point investment, FP cost, and the lack of actual power behind them is nuts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FaeLenx's post:
  • Snake
Engineer bots should be made to match the player's level rather than being tied to class level. This would be an adjustment that would even out the two, in the favor of non-destiny engineer. Then it can be said that Engineer bots can have 2 + 4/6/8 Stat points at rank 1/2/3.

Their massive FP costs have been slightly mitigated by the rise of Tanninheart as meta viable enchant in conjunction with additional things like Renewal, Life-saving charm and FP Shards in Korvara. Even then their FP costs can still be diminished slightly, scaling them down per rank seems the most reasonable, going down to something like 50/45/40/ FP, 35 with a spirit finally.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Snake
I'd be fine with having the mechs only cost three skill points. Probably deserved. . .A lot of classes need this treatment.
Without destiny, the bots are still useful. Each of them does a lot for 3m if allowed to
I've yet to see a good build make use of engineer without being destiny or just not using bots unless it's for flavor. The only honorable mention is the healer bot there since it has a revive that can come in clutch and doesn't need stats or health to do its job as a potion potion holder. Everything else either doesn't do enough damage when not destiny to be worth 3 momentum and 50 focus or it doesn't have enough HP to do its job.
Metalaegis does it's job in certain instances.

The problem is that due to it not getting it's turn until `way later` in initiative.. If someone wants to just kill it dead before it gets a turn?

It's useless and you wasted 3m. (Especially the case if they have AoEs they were going to use anyways on you).
Starting a fight with metalaegis is always solid. Railgan is also amazing. Only time when they're not that worth it is against massive aoe users. Of course the medical bot comes in clutch. Only one that sucks with low stats is the turret.

I've seen multiple engineers make good use of bots without being destiny. Again, it's only 3m.

Though, I do think the gap between destiny and non destiny should be removed cause it's a little dumb. Perhaps a middle ground
(05-25-2023, 02:36 PM)Snake Wrote: Deploy: Railgan, Deploy: Turret, Deploy: Medibot and Deploy: Metalaegis should all be lowered from Rank 5 to Rank 3.

Change the values of Perfection buff from 0/2/4/6/8 to either A) 2 + 2/4/6 or B) 0/4/8.

I don't see why you should spend 5 points for just bonus stats, it doesn't lower FP cost, it doesn't give the bots anything new, nor even changes how their Scraps interact with a redeployment, so I think it's just a waste of points and I tend to put 1 point on each anyway, since just +8 to all stats is kind of irrelevant at best.

With this minor SP crunch they can at least invest in more Upgrades and play more into the support role, or even invest in Pure Genius without worrying much.

That's all for this request.
Bot level could be changed to upgrade weapon by rank too....