Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Technique/Ritual Request "The Deal"-Aranea Family Skill
So, As an upstanding Meia-Aquarium Citizen, this is supposed to be a technique/Ritual that is supposed to put some weight behind the everyday deals and give safety to the Dealmaker. A Devil's Bargain.

The idea behind it is fairly simple, basically like a "Devils Deal" that can be sealed either by Handshake, Contract, Bloodpact, or whatever the User choice of Dealmaker is. Like with every deal, the Dealmaker needs to clarify strictly what the deal implies, and the wording needs to be chosen carefully as the Dealmaker is equally bound by the contract as is the one you make a deal with.

HOW IT WORKS OOCLY:
1.) Screenshot the exact wording of the deal, and the agreement of the other to that. (prove that it happened, with key of the Player)

2.)Make sure that during the deal a clear Magical compenent is RPed, showing that it was more than an average handshake. 
Examples: Magical Contracts signed with blood, Hand glows in an magical light prior to the deal, Generally any form of bloodoaths/contracts. (Making the other person aware of the consequences this might bring)

3.) Since I had this happen before, and I find it a bit lame: Basically I want Admin protection that certain things peopel can be held accountable for as an Example what happend before:
"RPed a loanshark, gave them the money-> They repurposed the Characer->Lol I am new rich guy!"
Funny!(actually hilarious I laughed) But I'd say it goes against the spirit of RP, so I should at least get the money back from that player even if the new character is not connected to them cause screw consequences when I just die and repurpose real quick.

HOW IT WORKS ICLY:
1.) You make a contract, write/spell it out in detail and then ask the other to Sign/shake on it (Or whatever method they want to use)

2.) All people partaking in the Deal are bound to their Individual 'Contract' and can not go against it, as they are magically forced by this soul contract. 

3.) Breaking the deal has dire Consequences, The Dealmaker has full control over the person's Life and can decide to either inflict great pain upon them, Force curses on them or can even end their life, basically their soul is theirs. (Need to make sure the player consent to the consequences before. Screenshot as prove)

4.) The Dealmaker can not directly break the contract under any circumstances, he can however bend the meaning of wording as long as it doesn't change any actual words. The devil lies in the detail here, and clever use of it. For example, stating in the deal. "XXX YYY, for that I won't kill you!" means just that. The dealmaker can not actively kill them, however, he could still harm them, or hire someone else to do the deed. stating "XXX YYY, for that I will neither directly or indirectly bring you harm." would negate those things.

5.) If the contract for reasons outside of either side's control and influence can no longer be upkept, the contract simply becomes void. (meaning if someone told someone else to do something to break the contract, they would still be the Influence to it, so that wouldn't void the deal)

This is meant to be a technique to simply add some stakes to deals, and give reassurance for the dealmaker to take bigger risks for the deals. Its mostly a fluff skill, that still needs everyone's permission and consent to be used. So I think its overall just a neat little thing, as I love Devil Bargains as an RP concept, as it has alot of Uses in an RP setting.

The Skill belong to the Assassin Family "Aranea" but can be taught by a direct member of the family to basically whoever. And only by direct family members.
I don't think this is something we can grant.

Magical contracts are kind of iffy to begin with, but considering the 'consequences' here, I'm gonna say no.
[Image: themoreyoulearnandshit.gif]
[Image: 0jEzoZe.png]
Isn't that similar to how "The Silent curse" works from Duyuei?

Just that its...Way more fluff and player Agency?

are there alternatives you'd be okay with? afterall the consequences need to be 100% agreed on beforehand, so it's not like it can surprise someone, and its only when they actively choose to ignore consequences they prior agreed to.

I think there should be some way to find some middle ground where it can work to enhance RP.

To clarify on point 3.) Its meant that the consequences that occur, whatever they will be, have to be agreed to prior and those were just examples of what could be possible.