Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slurm - Appearance Request
As sad as I am that the app is on pause, I don't think I'll be making a general thread about that idea unless it ties to the reason for the pause. I know you GMs have a lot of work having to sift through these apps, but even the slightest push for removing applications towards monstrous homunculi could open the floodgates for a series of events I wouldn't be comfortable with. It's always important to note the differences in intent people have when making characters, and forcing that intent to go through a GM's judgement prevents a character made purely for self-gratification from appearing and making everyone's lives just that little bit more polarizing here in SL2.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to not have to apply for monstrous appearances on homunculi. I think it could add a layer of depth to the characters of the world and make the barrier between monster and player more blurred, leading to some fun RP possibilities. But at the same time, as with any change, people will take that new freedom and do things with it wildly outside of expectation, and could cause more harm than good.

I'll make a thread about making these types of characters more likely to pass through application, or at least centralize the argument for monstrous homunculi to get a better idea of how much the community actually wants this. But I won't argue in favor of removing the application process for characters like this. Ultimately, I think keeping such types of characters application-required would prove more beneficial in the long run, acting as a filter against the problems I've voiced my worries about here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eggyboi's post:
  • K Peculier

Messages In This Thread
Slurm - Appearance Request - by Eggyboi - 05-29-2023, 02:00 AM
RE: Slurm - Appearance Request - by K Peculier - 06-14-2023, 02:55 PM
RE: Slurm - Appearance Request - by Eggyboi - 06-15-2023, 05:29 AM
RE: Slurm - Appearance Request - by Red Witch - 08-29-2023, 10:04 PM
RE: Slurm - Appearance Request - by Eggyboi - 08-31-2023, 04:34 PM
RE: Slurm - Appearance Request - by Red Witch - 09-12-2023, 09:57 PM