Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
(Arbalest) Special Armament is too limiting!
[Image: image.png]

This is way too limiting, even if thematic. I have a small suggestion about how this could be changed to embrace a little more:

Allows the Arbalest to equip any Sword, Axe or Spear as a sub-weapon. When a weapon of one of those types (or any type, if monoclassing) is equipped as a sub-weapon, it is fired when using Cannon Skills. (If Arbalest is your main class, any melee weapon that is not listed above can also be used as armament, but it increases the cooldown by 2.)

See Arbalest Cannon for more details.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Miller
It's not like armament type is gonna matter if you're monoclassing. No point in having a fist sub if you aren't using it for MA stuff for instance, or dagger without rogue.
Main class and innovator should just allow any weapon to be used subweapon
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lolzytripd's post:
  • Miller
Honestly I don't like the restriction existing in the first place, MC allowing for any weapon to be used without a cooldown increase would be more than fine in my opinion. Monoclass Arbalest having a benefit is cool but I don't think this is the benefit it should give, considering how little it offers when the main reason you'd want to use weapons other than the usual is for mixing with other classes. Not the thread for this but mono-arb should really just get a special armament cooldown decrease by 2 instead.
[-] The following 3 users Like Miller's post:
  • Pyro, Sawrock, Snake
I am of the opinion that it should be a main class effect instead of a monoclass effect, something I was saying near the start, given that if you are monoclassed, there'd be no practical reason to want to use a dagger or fist weapon as your sub-weapon anyway.
[-] The following 2 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Pyro, Shujin
I hate the restriction completely and utterly. It didn't used to exist. And I enjoyed shooting my bare hand as a Monk/Arb. I agree on the main classing thing, or just removing the restriction entirely.
Honestly I don't see why we would restrict it at all yeah. The point of the SL2 class system is allowing a ton of different combos to be possible. Let people shoot whatever they want from that cannon
I'm bumping this as this is still a major dissonance, this is useless as a monoclass requirement and would be interesting and a meaningful choice as a main class requirement instead.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lolzytripd's post:
  • Miller