Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allegra - Phenex Spiritualism Healing
Applicable BYOND Key - StubbornCake
Character Name - Allegra Rizzo
Request Type - Fluff Abilities

Request Details -  

In full, I want Allegra to grow up and learn into having the ability to heal others at an increased, accelerated rate using her very being as a Phenex. In other words, I'd like her to be able to one day be able to, with a lot of effort and sacrifice, heal others of problems they might have issues otherwise healing from. Along with this, I would like for Allegra to have a secondary ability that I would like to put into a DM with the GMs through ModMail, due to the rather esoteric and secretive matter it holds. I'll still go into detail on the first ability that I have written in different sections.

Phenex's Blessed Regeneration - Allegra's a Phenex, whose ability to heal not just themselves but others is well known. However, I'd like to take it a step further than that. With enough skill and willpower, Allegra can give up more than just her Focus to heal others. If the injury is bad enough that regular Gleamweaving wouldn't work, and she has not enough time nor assistance, I'd like her to be able to heal those injuries at an accelerated, and boosted rate at the cost of sacrificing some of her functionality. Depending on how severe the injury is, like a deep gash that could prove fatal within minutes, she could lose the use of her arm or leg for over a week. If the injury is, say, a missing limb, and the limb is still there and able to be recovered, she would be able to reattach it at the cost of her being unable to use the same limb for well over a month.

She could likely sacrifice other things, as well. Her health, for example, if she's trying to somehow beat back a sickness. I liken it to an enhanced Purify Poison from Priest (She is indeed a priest in game).

Spiritualistic Healing - Much like one of the people that guide her, Allegra has learned how to seek out the assistance of nearby spirits to assist in her healing magic. It is very physically taxing to channel the power of spirits through her body, however it would help her keep her Focus reserves higher and allow her to see more spiritualistic issues in the person she's treating. If there are few spirits, or she is not accustomed to the location she is in, she likely cannot use this very well due to not being synchronized with the spiritual in that area.

Spiritually Assisted Healing - This specific healing ability can be used to buffer Phenex's Blessed Regeneration to some extent, but it needs to be in her home and somewhere spiritually heavy. Such as a graveyard, for example, or a crypt.

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) - Allegra's become an intern at The Manor, a place of healers and The Mystic herself. I do not plan on having her be able to use these abilities immediately. In fact, at the time of writing this very application, she's only fourteen. However, I want to prepare for when she can use any of this stuff if it's accepted. I expect her to AT LEAST be eighteen before she can use the Spiritualistic Healing, and Minor uses of the Phenex Regeneration at sixteen at best. I want her to at least be twenty before she can use all of this kit, and I plan to have about 3-4 weeks inbetween years for her.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request -

Allegra Rizzo's goal in life is to become as wonderful a healer and supporter of others as she can. With the teachings of a Duyueian Gleamweaver and The Mystic's guidance, Allegra would eventually come to learn her own way to help others. Phenexes are capable of renewing others' very will to fight using their Focus. They are capable of surviving and reinvigorating themselves at the cost of a lot of their own magical energy. It would only be natural for a Phenex then to be able to learn to do something more if they tapped into that potential.

Spiritual Healing is nothing particularly new, but it is something that has been seen in several different areas and characters. There are obviously limits to what they can do, and the girl known as Allegra is no exception. White Paging spirits are likely to be the best 'use' for it.

She is a natural Gleamweaver, able to use the arts relatively well even at a young age. It would stand to be natural that she could improve on it over the years.

Final Notes - The idea behind this application is to be able to be a healer that people can rely on, but not rely on too much. If she takes too much of herself away, sacrifices too much, she will be useless and possibly even perish from the overuse of these abilities. I think it's an interesting way to be a supportive character aside from just generic 'I wave my hand and light magic heals' sorts of things. I like the idea behind sacrifice in the name of healing others, what can I say?

Also, I know that I already have an application brewing in The Hypotenuse, but I don't plan for this application to be responded to very quickly and indeed am in no rush.
This looks like it has its fair share of weaknesses which you seem to understand and I hope other player characters will to. I believe the RP that could stem from it would be interesting so you have my approval to go ahead with it.
[Image: tenor.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes K Peculier's post:
  • Sarah54321