Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food rotting and table decay
The amount of food tables set up on Korvara is absurd and immersion breaking.

Food should decay after a certain amount of time. Tables should do the same.

Also they're ugly
It would be very immersive and chefs would be in high demand for fresh food!

However most players don't like that kind of realism and its a pain in the butt so this is extremely likely an unpopular opinion.
[Image: tenor.gif]
It'd probably be something that needs an exception for brain food because that's a helpful service that costs a lot of real money to maintain and allowing those to decay and go down the drain is not a good look!
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
[-] The following 1 user Likes WaifuApple's post:
  • firehawk11
just get more table sprites in the game, a bit of variation in style and stuff(i.e vintage tables, royal tables, stone tables, etc)

also yeah immersion is cool and all but man in my opinion its just better to let them exist like that plus you can just say people are upkeeping those tables off-screen because its way more unrealistic for people to just let food rot and wood decay

(i do understand the sentiment for those in the middle of nowhere though)
[Image: psycholonials-andrew-hussie.gif]
Another homestuck in this hussie of a world.
Food decaying, sure.

Table decaying is just confusing; If you see an empty table, you can already just... Remove it. It's like 20 murai for a table kit. Nobody's going to care.
An empty food table should go away eventually, those are primarily what I have issues with.
[-] The following 2 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Pyro, ThatOneHop
(06-16-2023, 11:20 PM)Autumn Wrote: An empty food table should go away eventually, those are primarily what I have issues with.

be the hero you know you can be -- DECIMATE THAT EMPTY TABLE

but ye food decay is alright, not for brain food tho - that's a donorussy itemussy.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
Reading OPs issue pretty much means that Food rotting wouldn't even solve their issue if you leave BrainFood to not do that.

Meaning its more about table decay then. Which sure? I guess you could do that, but that just makes skullcats life a little harder to replenish all the Brainfood all over the world, without really dealing with the problem. You might just see the dungeon's entry, sometimes with no table.

I do not think thats really a huge change? Just inconvenient for those people. Might aswell just put it under the rule of Common sense, that you put such things only inside buildings such as the Inns, rather than having a mechanic for it that just makes people life a bit harder.
(06-17-2023, 12:46 PM)Shujin Wrote: Reading OPs issue pretty much means that Food rotting wouldn't even solve their issue if you leave BrainFood to not do that.

Meaning its more about table decay then. Which sure?  I guess you could do that, but that just makes skullcats life a little harder to replenish all the Brainfood all over the world, without really dealing with the problem. You might just see the dungeon's entry, sometimes with no table.

I do not think thats really a huge change? Just inconvenient for those people. Might aswell just put it under the rule of Common sense, that you put such things only inside buildings such as the Inns, rather than having a mechanic for it that just makes people life a bit harder.

You can't even destroy brainfood tables in character. You'll get banned. Suggestion or no, they'll never be touched.

But normal food has been left all over Korvara as well, and usually not even outside dungeons. Because brainfood occupies that spot.
Some places have way too many food tables. I think it should be used more sparingly for sure