Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shift Strike...It needs Help
Hello there, sure most of ya know me from my shapeshifting.

As was being discussed earlier with Dev in the discord in the early early morning, shift strike could stand to have a bit of a buff as to increase its viability.

These were things suggested as swapping the scaling to just basic,

Another was thought of by how the dev commented that it could stand to be buffed a little. My suggestion partially to this was:

Shift Strike already gives a critical bonus, so what if each tier also buffed the general weapon mod stats of the weapon, say maybe 4-5 for each tier as to make up for the lack of material choice, enchanting, and upgrades?

While yes it does give the youkai weapon some okay stats, as is by default it barely can hit as is and is for minimal damage despite it's HP costs.

I think this will help to give Shift Strike significantly more viability and even encourage some more niche uses like for instance the use of things like Ice Arrows and Bullets, or other weapon effects.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TorientalVortX's post:
  • HaTeD
hit is a definite problem

[Image: image.png]

[Image: image.png]

this is also with purity edge.

63 ski and purity edge's 15 hit and im only 202

i don't mind the scaling, but i like having FAI in builds, so iunno!
number 1 GTer EU
[-] The following 2 users Like JamOfBoy's post:
  • Senna, TorientalVortX
Forgive me for not knowing this, is it still 60% str/60% faith scaling for all?
Currently 70/40 I believe
I don't believe it'll ever really be useful with that as a hard scaling for all it's moves. Frankly, I think the scaling should change based on each of them.
Can't say I agree about a different scaling for each of them. That's just gonna lead to relying on specific youkai even more so.

Definitely needs some better scaling but should be universal across its different types otherwise building will just be a mess of stats more than it already is.
Right now, very few builds can actually use it period. Str/Faith scaling for shapeshifter is not something that actually gets used very often as a stat distribution. Giving other parts of shift strike different scaling will let it be useful for all builds at least partially, since it won't be a huge damage loss.
[-] The following 1 user Likes caliaca's post:
  • TorientalVortX
Right, that's where I'm agreeing that the scaling as is just doesn't work, I just don't think it should be different scaling for the different youkai, otherwise agree entirely.
How do you intend to fix the scalings then?
Honestly? I think a Basic - STR Scaling due to its more physical focus and with SS base stats increase of its kit or a Magical scaling to better fit the more general elementalist feel of shapeshifter. Of course that's just my opinion admittedly over that of the faithful scaling, while also thus being more open to shapeshifters who have many youkai, or only few for this synergies.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TorientalVortX's post:
  • Miller