Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
snake pit
In West of Loathing there is a Snake Pit. You can fight unlimited snakes to get unlimited EXP. Why don't you? Because there's no real progression- you could just as easily be fighting monsters elsewhere and gain EXP while also getting map progress.

In this vein, at the back of many dungeons there should be an interactable tile/object that lets you spawn an encounter from the dungeon. The actual on-map encounters should still exist as a means of progression through the dungeons to the boss, but this way people won't be able to map-clear a dungeon and be forced to wait for respawns before continuing their grinding.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
[-] The following 6 users Like Sawrock's post:
  • Fern, i/o, Poruku, Pyro, Red Witch, Turadis
I'd say not for grinding purposes, but being able to craft "Lures" or something from monster remains and other mundane ingredients would be a pretty nice thing to have. (And a good money sink for some.)

When you use a 'Lure', you can start a fight in a dungeon, or spawn a monster next to you who will attack you and scale according to the lure's benefits (such as making them spawn +10 levels higher than yours, or the dungeon level, etc.)

Ideally, those fights would not drop items nor Murai, only grant EXP.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Red Witch
Crafting Monster bait, maybe even special bait that can give the "lure" special dungeon traits (for example Crazy) would be super cool.

but I am fine with normal bait too.

I had an issue with how Korvara handles dungeons for a while. Competing with as much as one other party, is already pretty bad for you. I much rather have bigger encounters in general and to spend more fight in one fight (makes it also more worthwhile to use buffs), then blitzing through 5 encounters just to see that there are no more spawns and no I gotta wait for 5 mintes.

really don't like that.