It's too
It needs a
+1
i concur
Mage rune?
Munch
Probably deserves it
(07-22-2023, 08:56 PM)Autumn Wrote: Probably deserves it
If we want to be serious then yeah, I have to agree.

This was a late night salt thread after I fought Filia as a destiny MA versus one of her Rune Mage builds.

Without context, this screenshot doesn't really look like much? Maybe? You can take it as you will, but it was the turn after getting blasted for ~500 acid damage by a primary rune. Even without that, it's a lot of things done for 1 momentum.

I don't really have any constructive criticism for rune mage. The 1 momentum gimmick is theoretically really interesting! But the effects are really really strong. And when they get their chance, they only have to spend 1 momentum to guide their massive death ball with 15 tile slash damage radius.
[Image: image.png]
If you want my honest opinions summarized instead of a shitpost:

-Engraving effects for Illuminated Rune and Magnet Rune are too strong, numerically speaking.
-On demand immobilize not tied to damage is just straight up very strong.
-Rune Bomb has the best neutral game in the entire game, people can call it damage inefficient all they want but it still can skirt along absurdly far distances

-Silence mitigating effects are very strong at denying Rune Mage's would be counters, Heron's passives and Heron Feather in particular should be targeted.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Pyro
The engrave of magnet/illuminated are old levels of hit/evade power.  Engraving razor/elemental is damage efficient compared to normal attacks assuming you don't need the extra 1m (fleur or something equivalent).

Putting two-three rune size 3+ runes around yourself as a rune mage makes melee or close-range engagement suicidal because of rush or swap position.

Waiting out runes doesn't work when they eventually grow to 100+ damage beyblades and 1200 damage AoE bombs.

The soft counters are very specific -- long range bow users with Smasher, a small map and a very angry VA, immunity to the element of the rune, or full on global damage -- and even then they aren't free wins, they just sometimes give the class a hard time.

So yes, in summation:

rune mage
[-] The following 2 users Like Kameron8's post:
  • Autumn, Pyro
Is this another Filia build where they have 700 hp and no defenses and people post their damage numbers like it's a problem or unexpected?