Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Crescent Rook Fist
Crescent rook currently does not apply to fists.

I think it'd open some nice options if it did.
[-] The following 3 users Like Pyro's post:
  • DogmaticDusk, Fern, Ray2064
Crescent Rook is a Black Knight skill, right? Making it work with fists sounds a little arbitrary.
(07-25-2023, 08:28 AM)MegaBlues Wrote: Crescent Rook is a Black Knight skill, right? Making it work with fists sounds a little arbitrary.

Hanging and Checkmate and Board Shaker all work with any weapon but Crescent Rook and Bright Bishop are limited to Swords, Spears, and Axes. I think those are a little arbitrary.
(07-25-2023, 08:44 AM)Pyro Wrote:
(07-25-2023, 08:28 AM)MegaBlues Wrote: Crescent Rook is a Black Knight skill, right? Making it work with fists sounds a little arbitrary.

Hanging and Checkmate and Board Shaker all work with any weapon but Crescent Rook and Bright Bishop are limited to Swords, Spears, and Axes. I think those are a little arbitrary.

Used to only be limited to Spears, but since Black Knight is a Sword/Axe/Spear class, it was requested to be made into a martial weapon skill. I'm not against allowing it to fists but thats really only because fists aren't amazing weapons by their own right, if that were to change somehow this could be a rippling effect. Do keep that in mind.
Or we get a Fist-Sword hybrid, the Katars.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
certain skills only being usable with certain weapons is a balancing aspect of the game, and if the point made is "black knight has other skills which can be used with any weapon", then i feel like ask should be "all of black knight's skills should be usable with any weapon" or "weapon-specific skills should all be reworked to use any weapon".

crescent rook especially is a skill that deals 100+120 magical damage for a very cheap fp cost and either teleports or inflicts interference depending on if you've already invoked the black wind or not. it's balanced by the fact that wind damage isn't something that most black knights will use, but this can be gotten around by using enchants or a badge
It's also 120 wind/ 100 SWA at base.

It does very little damage for most BKs unless they have a badge. You pointed that out but also mentioned the damage as an aspect of why this couldn't happen, so I think it's important to note that for many it won't be doing significant damage, especially when most fist users tend to not run badges or enchants.
(07-29-2023, 11:05 PM)caliaca Wrote: It's also 120 wind/ 100 SWA at base.

It does very little damage for most BKs unless they have a badge. You pointed that out but also mentioned the damage as an aspect of why this couldn't happen, so I think it's important to note that for many it won't be doing significant damage, especially when most fist users tend to not run badges or enchants.

A lot of fist users I've seen have run a badge or enchant, idk where you're getting that from. Elemental impacts have been acknowledged by more than half the server. From talvyd movement to cinder tiles to ice sheets and so on. Whether it's Evoker/Monk or Monk/Hexer or Evoker/Verglas or ST/Boxer etc. There's like very few setups that don't involve having access to an enchant/badge and even then they're usually circumvented with something like Verglas which has access to ice magical damage or Ghost/Monk with a buzzing chakram for acid damage or Dancer/Monk which is pretty self explanatory. I wouldn't say most fist users at all in my experiences but that's just me. None the less, I do think fist users should receive niche little buffs but I don't think it should be through a soldier promo class *shrug*.
We must fear the Monk/BK/Hexer
[-] The following 1 user Likes FaeLenx's post:
  • caliaca
fists already scale lower and have worse parts