Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Crescent Rook Fist
I dunno, I do agree with an above post about this change being kinda arbitrary. BK always stood out to me as a fantasy knight-esqe deal with traditional soldier type weapons thematically. The change before to allow them to use swords/axes/polearms was to make the class overall feel more complimentary to what soldier itself provides, that is to say sword/axe/polearm skills. Rook/Bishop getting fist compatibility seems kinda weird thematically meanwhile, and the rest of the soldier/BK kit having very little fist support as it's not really designed with them in mind.

In short, I don't think the concept of it really makes that much sense to justify the change given the design of the classes. Even if we consider the mechanical side of things here, I'm not fond of just making weapon locked skills work with anything from a long-term balance perspective- because the more overlap skills have with weapons that can be used, the more difficult it is for any future balancing to be done on the fact you have to account all the exponential synergies that can exist from a single change like this.
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
I agree with the post above.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I don't think we need a buff to tome/fist bk to be honest. BK is already a class that allows for basically any weapon to be used effectively. Keeping crescent rook and bright bishop as skills that use "knight weapons" makes sense to me.