Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Torso Enchants
Ah, I didn't see the part where the whip thing was a Sweet Leaf exclusive at first. Sweet Smelling didn't click in my head when I skimmed over it, so that's my bad (I was thinking all whips had that trait inherently). I tested to make sure it applied to skills and spells, which it does. I guess that does make a difference, though I still would've personally liked if sweet leaf wasn't tied to whips. It'd be broken if ALL weapons didn't affect charms if you had sweet leaf, unfortunately.

As for the other scalings on health on whatnot, I wasn't really challenging the rest (though I realize now the post made it sort of seem that way). Even on the calculator, things like Shard hp weren't affected, so I don't really doubt there are exclusions. My point was just that your list wasn't 100% accurate.
Right but it's very relavent as it makes gg give less than 90 for most characters.

It's that gg only affects base stats and material hp. Everything else is unaffected, endurance affecting it and not the other way around us relevant in that regard because it makes gg consistent in only hitting base and materials.

It makes it somewhat a lie cause soldiers for example will have 900 hp and think they're gonna get 90 hp from gg and only get like 82.

Or non str users and non sanity users hitting 820 and only getting 70 to 75. It makes them worth less stats than tannin and bone heart in a lot of situations and people don't end up taking the right options because they're sorta getting misled by the game. Or just don't focus on Numbers.

Still you're very right about volcanic. And I think feather could use some help too. It really only works for engineers just cause youkai don't really like sitting beside their owners.
As for something that'd make Volcanic Seed better as a torso, could follow the route of new Sweet Leaf to some degree. Make cinder tiles created by you not be affected by absorb, resistances, etc. Even though cinders are kinda meh with the split for multi-tile knockbacks and things like flamewalk enchanted boots, it's at least thematic. Still not sure I'd ever take it as a torso item even then, though, which is the whole point.

On the point of Feather, my biggest concern there is that anything that benefits non-dodgers would probably benefit dodgers even more, given they can already get a pretty good chunk of evade from the enchant. Increasing the armor would just make them even better, for example. And on the point of Youkai, that only lasts a good turn or two before they get nuked by an AoE, with rare exception. A good number of Youkai have only 300-400 health, as I've come to find.
(08-14-2023, 07:52 AM)MothEnthusiast Wrote: As for something that'd make Volcanic Seed better as a torso, could follow the route of new Sweet Leaf to some degree. Make cinder tiles created by you not be affected by absorb, resistances, etc. Even though cinders are kinda meh with the split for multi-tile knockbacks and things like flamewalk enchanted boots, it's at least thematic. Still not sure I'd ever take it as a torso item even then, though, which is the whole point.

On the point of Feather, my biggest concern there is that anything that benefits non-dodgers would probably benefit dodgers even more, given they can already get a pretty good chunk of evade from the enchant. Increasing the armor would just make them even better, for example. And on the point of Youkai, that only lasts a good turn or two before they get nuked by an AoE, with rare exception. A good number of Youkai have only 300-400 health, as I've come to find.

Yea youkai pop really easy which is def another reason they don't like sitting beside summoners for this piece. Too aoe bait. Dodgers are not in a great spot atm so I don't mind over benefitting them, though the main benefit would be engineer/st which can already cap its evade. 

Volcanic.. yea idk there. It's kinda weird atm.

Quick edit-

If warding can change based on slot thr gems could too imo.
While thinking on it, generally speaking I feel as though we have very few options altogether for torso enchants, so it might be worth just throwing in suggestions for new one to widen the potential pool so that the bad ones don't stick out as much for being that way. Like adding a cursed/doomed equivalent for armors would be neat. Weapon enchants have a lot of variety to them.
Bleached find is the best by far, no question about it, unless you don't care about pvp. GG and leviathan are viable too of course, but yeah. Overall the choices are slim. But frankly, I think glove enchants are in a weirder spot
For the rather mediocre enchantments, mutation and volcanic seed, I think just attaching some stats to them makes their effects more worth it, the only reason people don't use them is because Gene and Fang are better, so if they just had something like +30 HP or something that'd be a lot better.

Sweet Leaf is fine except for 1 part, lower level charms can overwrite higher level charms, which makes standing near a sweet leaf user viable in erasing their lvl 40ish charms with lvl 10 charm.
(08-14-2023, 06:58 PM)Autumn Wrote: For the rather mediocre enchantments, mutation and volcanic seed, I think just attaching some stats to them makes their effects more worth it, the only reason people don't use them is because Gene and Fang are better, so if they just had something like +30 HP or something that'd be a lot better.

Sweet Leaf is fine except for 1 part, lower level charms can overwrite higher level charms, which makes standing near a sweet leaf user viable in erasing their lvl 40ish charms with lvl 10 charm.
Volcanic *does* have 25 hp attached to it.
I'd rather get more unique effects than everything become some variation of 'hp + small effect', personally. Also, yeah, Volcanic is a good case of why that doesn't really fully solve the problem. A better selection might work out-- as far as hand enchants being in a weirder place, I almost always have a solid pick in mind for my hand enchants, and they're usually different from character to character. That's much less so the case with torso enchants.

EDIT: There's also the problem of it just becoming objectively better than something like leviathan if the HP bonus gets too high, as well.