Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vent Newiaser - Request for Hand Mutation
Applicable BYOND Key - Novosprime
Character Name - Vent Newiaser/Mészáros
Request Type - Special Character Trait
Request Details - From 5-6 inches up the left forearm to the tip of her fingers is a light coat of fur. The claws at the tip of her fingers are a little more apparent. It doesn't do anything to boost her abilities or what-have-you, but it's just a side effect from an attempt at healing that barely worked. A requirement to drink a blue potion a day, or every other day, or risk it stop working is also a fun idea to tack on to it.
Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) -

1. It's rad. It's a cool character concept, a strong hero who barely wins a fight, but comes out of with some issue/curse afterwards. In this case, a mutation. It serves as a permanent reminder of what she had accomplished and what it cost her.

2. It adds on to Vent's character. In Vent's family lore, giant wolves (or wargs as I will continue to call them from here on out) are seen as a very much "top of the food chain" way. They're apex predators, to see one is a blessing, but to fight and defeat one only goes to show your strength in relation to the wolf in their blood. Vent's family is very adherent to Lupine-esque ideals such as a strong, dangerous alcoholic drink called Wolf's Blood, howling at the moon as a coming of age ceremony thing, making bloodpacts, and following the Alpha-Follower relationship as it's almost hardcoded into their blood. In the background of the family, this all is brought back to the founder of the family who had heavy ties with blood magic that may have had some side effects on his descendants. To possess this more bestial limbs would to encourage her to further embrace the wolf blood in her instead of this invasion of cat fur.

I have also always seen Vent's body as being a poor receptable for magic perhaps due to the blood magic reason as stated above. Healing magic has a lesser effect on her although this can't be made mechanical, but also makes her body incredibly sore afterwards. Youkai, I feel, are tied to this aspect, too. It's only natural that if a youkai gets installed onto her person for one reason or another, quite the rarity for her, something might screw up. Part of me also wants to give a unique scar or punishment for being so risky with her life to the point of her almost dying.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request -

This comes from a roleplaying event. With the help of an eventmin, Vent had gone after an alpha wolf to solo it in an attempt to prove that she is the real alpha. This lead to a rather close fight, Vent dropping down to 25% of her HP. Even though she did win, I had no intentions of playing it off as if she came out unscathed or with a few cuts and bruises there. She was a bit fucked up. Bleeding, bruised, nasty scratches and bites. She did go against a big ol' warg. One of the worst injuries was the fact that the claw tore into her left forearm, exposing the bone. 

Vent didn't exactly pick up the scraps of her arm-flesh that was torn off (and the rolls from those trying to help her weren't so great with it). So, a hail mary was utilized in the form of a youkai being installed through Soul Chain, taking into the account that installed youkai will offer small physical changes so her arms might have suddenly grown to be a bit fuzzy to account for the Byakko. This wasn't a foolproof plan, there might have been a chance that the youkai didn't care about Vent especially seeing as she is a wolf and it's a cat! Further taking into account that it's primarily an offensive skill. Yet, the rolls were just barely enough to work. The other solution was cutting the arm off. I was fine with whatever way it went, but the dice and the thinking of the characters pushed it into this direction.

So, working on the assumption that:
Youkai and summoners aren't an exact science. There could be unseen issues caused by youkai who act in a different manner than what their master requested or by summoners who try to experiment or utilize their powers in a rushed manner. 
It's a bit implied that there can be some pretty serious consequences from messing with youkai by the Shapeshifter guy in G6. Although, as I understand, Korvara doesn't share an exact lore with Sigrogana considering how magic was learned from tablets instead of being a gift from the gods and how many races just naturally exist there without said gods or special conditions that brought them there.

I believe there can exist some leeway when considering the strange method use to say that some sort of permanent mark was left upon her, be it a one in a million occurrence or what-have-you.
[Image: rsz_c1ccb08eb04837ddc6b315f834f7f11a.png]
I don't think these things are normally required-

But I was the event min for the little event in terms of giving them the wolf fight so :thumbsup: here and all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes caliaca's post:
  • catabur
(08-16-2023, 07:25 AM)catabur Wrote: Applicable BYOND Key - Novosprime
Character Name - Vent Newiaser/Mészáros
Request Type - Special Character Trait
Request Details - From 5-6 inches up the left forearm to the tip of her fingers is a light coat of fur. The claws at the tip of her fingers are a little more apparent. It doesn't do anything to boost her abilities or what-have-you, but it's just a side effect from an attempt at healing that barely worked. A requirement to drink a blue potion a day, or every other day, or risk it stop working is also a fun idea to tack on to it.
Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) -

1. It's rad. It's a cool character concept, a strong hero who barely wins a fight, but comes out of with some issue/curse afterwards. In this case, a mutation. It serves as a permanent reminder of what she had accomplished and what it cost her.

2. It adds on to Vent's character. In Vent's family lore, giant wolves (or wargs as I will continue to call them from here on out) are seen as a very much "top of the food chain" way. They're apex predators, to see one is a blessing, but to fight and defeat one only goes to show your strength in relation to the wolf in their blood. Vent's family is very adherent to Lupine-esque ideals such as a strong, dangerous alcoholic drink called Wolf's Blood, howling at the moon as a coming of age ceremony thing, making bloodpacts, and following the Alpha-Follower relationship as it's almost hardcoded into their blood. In the background of the family, this all is brought back to the founder of the family who had heavy ties with blood magic that may have had some side effects on his descendants. To possess this more bestial limbs would to encourage her to further embrace the wolf blood in her instead of this invasion of cat fur.

I have also always seen Vent's body as being a poor receptable for magic perhaps due to the blood magic reason as stated above. Healing magic has a lesser effect on her although this can't be made mechanical, but also makes her body incredibly sore afterwards. Youkai, I feel, are tied to this aspect, too. It's only natural that if a youkai gets installed onto her person for one reason or another, quite the rarity for her, something might screw up. Part of me also wants to give a unique scar or punishment for being so risky with her life to the point of her almost dying.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request -

This comes from a roleplaying event. With the help of an eventmin, Vent had gone after an alpha wolf to solo it in an attempt to prove that she is the real alpha. This lead to a rather close fight, Vent dropping down to 25% of her HP. Even though she did win, I had no intentions of playing it off as if she came out unscathed or with a few cuts and bruises there. She was a bit fucked up. Bleeding, bruised, nasty scratches and bites. She did go against a big ol' warg. One of the worst injuries was the fact that the claw tore into her left forearm, exposing the bone. 

Vent didn't exactly pick up the scraps of her arm-flesh that was torn off (and the rolls from those trying to help her weren't so great with it). So, a hail mary was utilized in the form of a youkai being installed through Soul Chain, taking into the account that installed youkai will offer small physical changes so her arms might have suddenly grown to be a bit fuzzy to account for the Byakko. This wasn't a foolproof plan, there might have been a chance that the youkai didn't care about Vent especially seeing as she is a wolf and it's a cat! Further taking into account that it's primarily an offensive skill. Yet, the rolls were just barely enough to work. The other solution was cutting the arm off. I was fine with whatever way it went, but the dice and the thinking of the characters pushed it into this direction.

So, working on the assumption that:
Youkai and summoners aren't an exact science. There could be unseen issues caused by youkai who act in a different manner than what their master requested or by summoners who try to experiment or utilize their powers in a rushed manner. 
It's a bit implied that there can be some pretty serious consequences from messing with youkai by the Shapeshifter guy in G6. Although, as I understand, Korvara doesn't share an exact lore with Sigrogana considering how magic was learned from tablets instead of being a gift from the gods and how many races just naturally exist there without said gods or special conditions that brought them there.

I believe there can exist some leeway when considering the strange method use to say that some sort of permanent mark was left upon her, be it a one in a million occurrence or what-have-you.
Much as Calicae said, this stuff is on the edge of what you need to apply for but I heavily appreciate you going ahead and asking permission for it.

I don't believe I need much elaboration on the topic, it all looks good to me and I see no reason to really deny it. Go ahead.