Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Elemental Katungas
I think it would be more fair to the other katanas if they gained more proficiency in battle other than having solely on-kill effects, they are not at all considered much compared to the likes of Raijin, or even Hisen now, so I think it reasonably stands to amp up their potentials to have a bit more usefulness for the swordsmen who don't want to be lightning themed (rare as they may be.)

Here are my current suggestions:

Quote:Kouenjin / Crimson Lotus

Potential Skill - Crimson Lotus
Kouenjin's Potential Skill. The Kensei skill Hidden Cut's effect changes in the following ways; Damage becomes Fire magic damage. Monsters who are defeated by this effect explode, knocking away field objects and dealing Fire magic damage equal to Hidden Cut's damage in a 3 Range circle around them.

Changed to:

--Enemies who are targeted by this effect explode, knocking away field objects and dealing Fire magic damage equal to 50% of Hidden Cut's damage in a 3 range circle around them.

If an enemy is killed by this effect, inflicts certain defeat.

Quote:Yukijin

Potential Skill - Ice Lily
Yukijin's Potential Skill. The Kensei skill Hidden Cut's effect changes in the following ways; Damage becomes Ice magic damage. Monsters who are defeated by this effect turn into Ice Points and create Ice Sheets in a 2 range diamond around themself, which last for 3 rounds each (The LV for the Ice Point created is 10).

Changed to:

Enemies who are hit by this effect may be frozen for 2 rounds (with an infliction check), and create Ice Sheets in a 2 range diamond around themself, which last for 3 rounds each. (Frozen Level = 25)

If an enemy is killed by this effect, gain Ice Point Guard status for 3 rounds.

Quote:Akujin

Potential Skill - Dark Moon
Akuijin's Potential Skill. The Kensei skill Hidden Cut's effect changes in the following ways; Damage becomes Dark magic damage. Monsters who are defeated by this effect melt, becoming Dark Water tiles in a 2 Range circle for 3 rounds.

Changed to:

--Enemies who are targeted by this effect gain Dark Resistance Down. (LV = 15, can stack twice), monsters who are defeated by this effect melt, becoming Dark Water tiles in a 2 Range circle for 3 rounds.

Quote:Sanjin

Potential Skill - Mossy Grave
Sanjin's Potential Skill. The Kensei skill Hidden Cut's effect changes in the following ways; Damage becomes Acid magic damage. Monsters who are defeated by this effect melt, becoming LV 30 Poison Pool tiles in a 2 Range circle for 3 rounds.

Changed to:

--Enemies who are targeted by this effect begin to melt, gaining lvl 5 Acidity for 3 rounds, increased to 10 against heavily armored enemies. Monsters who are defeated by this effect melt completely, becoming lvl 30 Poison Pool tiles in a 2 Range circle for 3 rounds.

Either way it goes, I do think they should sit up there in the cool and viable squad alongside the aforementioned Hisen and Raijin.
[-] The following 6 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Dezark, Poruku, Red Witch, the homestuck man himself, Turadis, zericosmic
I like these, though I always thought that Crimson lotus should also have cinder tiles.

Also It would be nice if they were differentiated a little more.

Remove the finesse tag from Kouenjin and give it Flamelit

Add Cold to Yukijin

Make Sanjin Scale Guile main stat....
Full support. These effects seem pretty tame, freeze is a little bit fucking spooky but Yukijin has nothing else going for it, so let it have fun.
Yes yes yes yes yes
Also make them scale based on their element. Kensei needs more synergy with other classes.
[Image: orDF4cJ.jpg]
Seems a bit uneven on what each effect does, and while I agree that they're literally in a state that anything they gain can help, why not go with this:

- Kouenjin
>> Hidden Cut: Deals bonus Fire Damage after the slash damage, equal to 100% of your Fire ATK, and automatically cast Explosion centered around the first enemy proc. (Sword will be the casting tool.)
>> On-Kill: All friendly Bombs and Explosions immediately trigger, and you gain Nerhaven LV4 for 4 rounds.

- Yukijin
>> Hidden Cut: Deals bonus Ice Damage after the slash damage, equal to 100% of your Ice ATK, and automatically cast Famiuga centered around the first enemy proc. (Sword will be the casting tool.)
>> On-Kill: Automatically use Expanding Ice for free, with your Sword's Power replacing a Fist weapon.

- Akujin
>> Hidden Cut: Deals bonus Dark Damage after the slash damage, equal to 100% of your Dark ATK, and automatically use Wretched Oil centered around the first enemy proc. (Sword will be the casting tool.)
>> On-Kill: All enemies within 4 range of the defeated enemy will be Feared for 4 rounds, and afflicted with Imagin's Despair.

- Sanjin
>> Hidden Cut: Deals bonus Acid Damage after the slash damage, equal to 100% of your Acid ATK, and automatically cast Acid Rain centered around the first enemy proc. (Sword will be the casting tool.)
>> On-Kill: All enemies within 4 range of the defeated enemy will take 25% of the defeated enemy's max HP as Acid magic damage.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I would really desire to be able to use Kouenjin but there is little reason to, please I am begging for a buff to these potentials.
These ideas are incredibly based, would love to see more katanas used.
I'm up for these ideas from Autumn, they look really cool and seeing some love for the katanas would certainly be nice!
A rare moment where I'll hop in and see absolutely nothing wrong with a suggestion. +1, please make some of these trash weapons better in a way that DOES just offer more build diversity like the post suggests.