Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engineer Idea
So what if the deploy turret skill had 2 uses before it went on cd making 2 bots to make taking the skill more appealing given its hard to balance it without making it stronger?
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Why would this be needed? Engineer is already a powerful class and being able to frame 1 summon two railgans followed by two metalaegis next turn would be crazy good
He specified turret, not the other bots. I don't personally feel like this is necessary though.
Oh fair enough. Well, I still think that's not needed, even though it would probably not be that broken from a balance standpoint.
I'd rather Engineer dropped the machines on the ground and had to tune them up over some rounds, it'd justify their machines being as powerful as they are. Imagine this:

Deploy: Turret
- On use, places down a Turret on the ground that is immobile, has 6 base range, no skills, and uses your Scaled Weapon ATK for its SWA.
- If used on a Turret, upgrades the Turret to Improved Turret, which grants Calibrate, the two skills, and removes the Immobilize.
- If used on an Improved Turret, upgrades it to Perfected Turret, which grants the Transposition skill, inflicting Immobilize and turning it into a Railgan, and vice versa.

Deploy: Metalaegis
- On use, places down a small Metalaegis on the ground, that is immobile and has a 30% DR and 40% redirect chance.
- On use at Metalaegis, upgrades it to Improved Metalaegis, which has a 40% DR and 60% redirect chance.
- On use at Improved Metalaegis, upgrades it to Perfected Metalaegis, which has a 50% DR and 80% redirect chance. It also gains Scapegoat Shield and Reflector now becomes an AoE that grants Magic Mirror to all allies in range, and self.

This way, we'd remove Railgan from the equation and make it be only something an Engie who tends to their toys well can actually use.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
That does sound neat. Then we can finally rp smashing them with a wrench while shouting "erectin' a sentry"
Okay, I want Kunai's Idea actually. Cause Turret bot in its current iteration is absolutely not worth even using, even WITH calibrate, it's just pitifully weak and only having one just doesn't keep up with the damage game that this game has become.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Ya'll sleeping on turret bot. It's not great, but it's situational and those situations do come up.
My dream!

But also feels more balanced and less like a copy of Summoner's homework if done like this.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
It'd be a copy of summoner's homework if it gave you 100% elemental resist. Making it cost 9 momentum would be silly.