Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magic Gunner Skill Ideas
Quote:Overwatch
3M
3 Skill Ranks
10 FP (+2 per Rank)
Utility Skill

Shoot first, ask questions later. On use, you'll lock onto a direction. The next enemy that moves within your line of sight, or uses movement skills will be attacked with a penalty of -15 Hit.

If the enemy is Feared, the penalties are doubled, but movement will be interrupted and they'll be inflicted with Clumsy and Slow LV2 until your next round.

Quote:Squadsight
Passive
1 Skill Rank

You're adept at picking up hints from your allies behavior, becoming an extension of them. This skill makes Overwatch's line of sight also take account of your allies' lines of sight, but the penalty is further lowered to -20 Hit.

Quote:Take Cover
1M
1 Skill Rank
Defensive Skill

A good perception of where to hide your boots is needed for a well-lived gunner. On use, target a location within 6 range that has any dense field objects. You'll tumble and become adjacent to it and gain 'Taking Cover' for 4 rounds.

While you are taking cover, if you are adjacent to any dense field objects, all enemy projectiles will be destroyed before making contact, and all basic attacks outside of melee range have a 50% chance to deal no damage.

Every time this effect activates, the field object will take 10 damage (If the object cannot take damage, the duration is instead reduced by 1 round).

Quote:Close-Quarters Combat
3M
3 Skill Ranks
10 FP (+2 per Rank)
Defensive Skill

Sometimes, the enemy will be in your face, but that doesn't mean you'll be defenseless. On use, holster your guns, becoming unable to use them, and enter a Close-Quarters Combat stance which empowers your Bare Fists with the Finesse scaling and gives you a Scaled SKI% chance to parry attacks from daggers and fists (-50% damage).

The stance can be dropped if you use the skill again, in which you'll pull out your gun(s).

Rank 1 - Grants the Disorient and Suppress skills.
Rank 2 - Reduces Grapple's Momentum cost by 2 and enables Riposte (50% base chance) while stance is active.
Rank 3 - Grants the Takedown skill.

Disorient Skill: Delivers a sudden jab to an adjacent target's face, dealing Blunt physical damage (+100% bonus Scaled CEL) and inflicting Clumsy for 2 rounds. This can critically hit.
Suppress Skill: Delivers a heavy knee to an adjacent target's gut, dealing Blunt physical damage (+100% bonus Scaled STR) and inflicting Silence for 2 rounds. This will interrupt Invocations.
Takedown Skill: Requires opponent to be Grappled. Slams the opponent over your shoulder and into the ground, dealing Blunt physical damage (+100% bonus Scaled SKI) and inflicting Knockdown. This will extend the duration of any Clumsy or Silence by 2 more rounds, and if it defeats an opponent, they'll be inflicted with Certain Defeat for 3 rounds.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake's post:
  • Autumn, the REAL Minos Prime
For the cost of 3 skillpoints you get approximately 5 skills.
honestly feels like base class support that be cooked into an archer touchup
I demand more of these. Give me alternate shells because god knows there are some that just literally never get used.
Put these in archer and apply the close quarters to bows and you got a deal young man.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
but muh reference...
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Someone sure likes their XCOM, dunno if I wanna see overwatch deathsquading in SL2 though.
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]