Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Zerans] Bad reception
Zerans can sense magic, They could theoretically feel the spells that they cast a lot, if anything, they'd be able to see which domain those spells they have belong to.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=547#p547 Wrote:Lolzytripd » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:26 pm[/url]"]Zerans can sense magic, They could theoretically feel the spells that they cast a lot, if anything, they'd be able to see which domain those spells they have belong to.

I'm going to ask you, again.. What good does this do for a...

Black Knight
Kensei
Engineer
Lantern Bearer
Evoker
Tactician

So on and so forth. Answer me, what good, it does, for me, to know, WHAT YOU HAD FOR BREAKFAST SIR.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
It's not the greatest thing in the world but it shouldn't it have to benefit every single class. This is why they have multiple perks.
Look at Elf. They have a racial that's only good for 2 spells atm and a very specific class.
Umbral has a passive that's only beneficial at night and an ability that only works in PVE.
Glykins get poison immunity but who uses poison? One race, one class, and one weapon off the top of my head.
Phenex self-revive requires their FP to be at max, making it only useful to people that don't spend FP on abilities or have FP regen to keep them topped off.

That aside, being able to see spells lets you immediately know what you're up against. If you see they have silent prayer, you'll immediately know it's not worth using silence. If they have good autohits, you'll know it's not worth wasting a turn setting up your evade buffs. etc. Knowing these things at the start of the fight can save you time and potentially be the difference between just barely winning or losing.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=559#p559 Wrote:Daisuke » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:57 pm[/url]"]It's not the greatest thing in the world but it shouldn't it have to benefit every single class. This is why they have multiple perks.
Look at Elf. They have a racial that's only good for 2 spells atm and a very specific class.
Umbral has a passive that's only beneficial at night and an ability that only works in PVE.
Glykins get poison immunity but who uses poison? One race, one class, and one weapon off the top of my head.
Phenex self-revive requires their FP to be at max, making it only useful to people that don't spend FP on abilities or have FP regen to keep them topped off.

That aside, being able to see spells lets you immediately know what you're up against. If you see they have silent prayer, you'll immediately know it's not worth using silence. If they have good autohits, you'll know it's not worth wasting a turn setting up your evade buffs. etc. Knowing these things at the start of the fight can save you time and potentially be the difference between just barely winning or losing.

Knowing what I'm up against won't do me good when I'm already in battle and can't equip any more items / skills. All it'd make me do is go, "well fuck, at least I know how I'm about to die".
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.

Already gave examples where it'd have uses and I'm sure you can think of some yourself if you try.
It's situational but it's still just one of their multiple effects they'd have and it's certainly better than doing nothing on top of keeping the theme the same.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=561#p561 Wrote:Daisuke » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:40 pm[/url]"]Already gave examples where it'd have uses and I'm sure you can think of some yourself if you try.
It's situational but it's still just one of their multiple effects they'd have and it's certainly better than doing nothing on top of keeping the theme the same.

I'm not being mean or anything, but those were horrible examples and I pretty much paraphrased them in my own post. All it does from what you're saying is make it so you know what not to use, it doesn't truly give you anything advantageous.

Horrible =/= Situational
It's not a one-size fits all perk and it's not a "I have this really good advantage over ever other race, pick me" perk. It's just a "hey, this is a bonus and it may come in handy once in a while" perk. If you can't think of any situations where you can make use out of knowing a person's class in the beginning of a fight, that's on you. It doesn't need to be all that useful anyway because once again, this is a perk on top of the suggested "elemental resistance/will/res". I'm pretty sure I don't need to argue the usefulness of seeing elemental resistances.
So it doesn't matter if one of their features is only good for mages or magic gunners, they have other features to go with that, good will growth, and races having a specific focus that they're good at is neither uncommon nor is it fundamentally wrong.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=563#p563 Wrote:Daisuke » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:22 pm[/url]"]Horrible =/= Situational
It's not a one-size fits all perk and it's not a "I have this really good advantage over ever other race, pick me" perk. It's just a "hey, this is a bonus and it may come in handy once in a while" perk. If you can't think of any situations where you can make use out of knowing a person's class in the beginning of a fight, that's on you. It doesn't need to be all that useful anyway because once again, this is a perk on top of the suggested "elemental resistance/will/res". I'm pretty sure I don't need to argue the usefulness of seeing elemental resistances.
So it doesn't matter if one of their features is only good for mages or magic gunners, they have other features to go with that, good will growth, and races having a specific focus that they're good at is neither uncommon nor is it fundamentally wrong.

1:
Quote:It's just a "hey, this is a bonus and it may come in handy once in a while" perk.
It doesn't come in handy, at all. It does nothing for you other than exactly what you described, tell you what spells they have.

2:
Quote: If you can't think of any situations where you can make use out of knowing a person's class in the beginning of a fight, that's on you.
Like what? "Oh they have this skill", whoop di do, all it does it exactly that. It won't help me avoid them in any manner if they can still hit me with them.

3:
Quote:It doesn't need to be all that useful anyway
Then why suggest it? This is to make Zerans not suck, so why suggest something that's nearly as bad?

4:
Quote:I'm pretty sure I don't need to argue the usefulness of seeing elemental resistances.
I think you do, because I don't think it's useful at all if you can't do anything about it. Not every class has every kind of way to bypass that.

Logically speaking, it makes no sense that a Zeran's horns would tell them what spells someone has, let alone what skills they have equipped. It just. . . doesn't make any sense. Sure, it might make a nifty class ability, but it's not for Zeran's. As for Elemental Resistances? That. . . might be alright? I guess? But I'd really would rather weaknesses to resistances. But that's just me.
Because playing around class and their abilities isn't a thing.
Gee, let me waste time trying to kite this Monk/Verglas because I have long range. -heaven kicked-
Let me silence this Evoker with silent prayer.
Let me use madchop on this BK.
Let me use sear on this guy with firebreath.
I'm going to cast Kraken on myself for the extra skill and enchant bullets when this guy has Windslash/Typhur.
I'm going to basic attack this guy with Riposte.

It's not hugely useful but when you put them together with other perks, it adds up. It doesn't matter if you ignore that point, it's still valid.

And that's literally the point. Not every class can make use of it. Every class is not supposed to be making use of it. There are other features for them to make use of. Do you see Oracles getting extra hit with ranged weapons? They have a theme of sensing focus with their horns, sensing elemental resistance and seeing the skills people have keeps this theme while being much more useful than their current perk at 50% and not overly useful because it's one of 4 extra perks they get from their crown and sitting at 50% FP is not hard. It's certainly better than 2 FP regen.

@ Maikito
I'm assuming seeing elemental resistance means seeing both positive and negative resistance.