Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Making Reactive Armor Reactive Again
It's been a really long time since Reactive Armor got nerfed, I think we're all in agreement that it's basically a nonexistent armor mostly used for rare metal fodder, at this point.

I want to argue for it to be reverted to its original state, mostly because it's a 10 star, and 10 stars SHOULD have that sort of unique quality to it. If not that, at the very least let it us be able to trigger it on our own via burning bracers or skyburn- which requires one hand or accessory slot as is, mind you.

But shibe the retaliation damage is too stron- Armor of Nails exists and has existed for a long time. Armor of Nails' unique armor effect is as follows...

On Attacked: Deals 25% of your level as unresistable Pierce physical damage to the attacker. (Min. 5)

This triggers from anywhere on the map if, say, you use expanding ice and they get hit. That's 15 damage max. It's pierce damage, which is far less easily resistable compared to fire.

Reactive Armor's retaliatory damage is UL/2, so that's 8f ire damage per tick. But Shibe! The explosion damage! Is 3 range from the user, is CURRENTLY 10+UL(max 16, 26 total) damage. Previously 2+UL(so 18) fire damage in its original version.
Edit: Quick edit, but I'd like to mention that the fire retaliation damage can ONLY TRIGGER IF YOU RECEIVED FIRE DAMAGE AND ACTIVATED FIERY ARMOR. If you don't get hit by fire damage, Fiery Armor/the fire retaliation damage simply does NOT exist, even if you get crit.

I would like Reactive Armor to either be self triggerable via self fire damage(which you already have to sacrifice item slots for to begin with), or reverted to its original version, OR have it be its original version + a cap on how many times you can trigger the explosion.

The current conditions for it is just ass and is hardly worth using over Armor of Nails. Note that this isn't an Armor of Nails nerf thread but a plea for Reactive Armor to be usable again.
I forgot my last account's password. Oops.
[-] The following 4 users Like SpaceShibe's post:
  • JamOfBoy, K Peculier, MothEnthusiast, TheCommonNoob
The actual thorns effect on it really isn't that bad when you consider its a status based effect and not a item based one, so it interacts with far less of the game than armor of nails does. I think returning it to being self-triggerable is a good idea but instead of having it activate multiple times a round I'd probably opt to give it a bigger boom, far more damage for the cost of only being activatable once a turn (Probably 2 + UL*3 unprotectable). Then you can put some more strength into it's thorns damage effect so that people can run Burning Bracers with it again, which was.. the item's only use really, the lack of reactive armor means burning bracers doesn't see use either.

Either way, Reactive Armor is pretty bad now, only really good for it's base stats which are not all that impressive beside a Mayelia or Blackheart in it's current state.
[-] The following 3 users Like Autumn's post:
  • K Peculier, SpaceShibe, TheCommonNoob
(10-25-2023, 06:45 PM)Autumn Wrote: The actual thorns effect on it really isn't that bad when you consider its a status based effect and not a item based one, so it interacts with far less of the game than armor of nails does. I think returning it to being self-triggerable is a good idea but instead of having it activate multiple times a round I'd probably opt to give it a bigger boom, far more damage for the cost of only being activatable once a turn (Probably 2 + UL*3 unprotectable). Then you can put some more strength into it's thorns damage effect so that people can run Burning Bracers with it again, which was.. the item's only use really, the lack of reactive armor means burning bracers doesn't see use either.

Either way, Reactive Armor is pretty bad now, only really good for it's base stats which are not all that impressive beside a Mayelia or Blackheart in it's current state.

I am frankly all for whatever option Dev goes. A bigger boom is something I'd take over what we have now (along with it being self triggerable, of course.)
It went from being a cool armor to sucking balls so fast Sad any buff that makes it usable would be appreciated, and I think self-inflicted damage was the whole point! Bring it back!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • TheCommonNoob
I loved Reactive Armor. I'd always eagerly await any new updates thinking 'will this let me abuse Reactive Armor more?'.

Then it was taken out back and shot.

Yes, it has infinitely looped more than once, but restricting it to ONCE per round and forcing it to be only enemy damage activating it whilst still retaining the piddly buff that Firey Armor gives?

Come on. If you're going to make it so hard to activate and give so little at least put its power budget into the Firey Armor so it isn't just a worse Armor of Nails. Even then, I'd suggest allowing self-damage to trigger it since otherwise there's a lot of scenarios where you might never see it proc. You're already paying your hand slot to activate its effect, I'd say the price is fair.
[-] The following 2 users Like Trexmaster's post:
  • Snake, TheCommonNoob
Rather than going backwards, I think it'd be more interesting to push this armor forward. Make it grant an unique Self-Destruct skill as a bonus effect of the armor.

Quote:Reactive Self-Destruct

6M

With some inspiration from a certain monster, you've learned to make the craziest use of this torso. Upon use, you'll overload and make your armor explode violently, nullifying any absorption or immunity and setting your own Fire Resistance to 0% (if it is higher than 1), and dealing (300% Fire ATK + 40% Max. HP) as protection and evade-ignoring damage to yourself and all enemies within 4 range, leaving Cinders equal to half of the damage.

Afterwards (if you survive...), you will gain Fiery Armor and Burn LV50 for 5 rounds, but your armor will be unequipped until the end of the fight.

Ta-da.

Though one thing I agree with is Fiery Armor behaving like Armor of Nails at the very -least-.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
(10-28-2023, 01:54 PM)Snake Wrote: Rather than going backwards, I think it'd be more interesting to push this armor forward. Make it grant an unique Self-Destruct skill as a bonus effect of the armor.

Quote:Reactive Self-Destruct

6M

With some inspiration from a certain monster, you've learned to make the craziest use of this torso. Upon use, you'll overload and make your armor explode violently, nullifying any absorption or immunity and setting your own Fire Resistance to 0% (if it is higher than 1), and dealing (300% Fire ATK + 40% Max. HP) as protection and evade-ignoring damage to yourself and all enemies within 4 range, leaving Cinders equal to half of the damage.

Afterwards (if you survive...), you will gain Fiery Armor and Burn LV50 for 5 rounds, but your armor will be unequipped until the end of the fight.

Ta-da.

Though one thing I agree with is Fiery Armor behaving like Armor of Nails at the very -least-.

Personally I'd prefer it remain as it was before the nerf. This, while really funny and cool, is pretty different from what it used to do. Annnd something that could probably be given to another armor instead.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SpaceShibe's post:
  • Snake
The legendary Jihad Firespitter armor...
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Honestly just revert reactive armor, maybe put a cap on the activations per round that's all it needed.