Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Application - Faux Spirit Guardian
Applicable Key: TheRuffKnight

Character Name: Cassiopeia

Request Type: Appearance

Request Details:
This application is a separate request from one long prior, regarding the playing of a legitimate youkai companion to an accomplice's character. This request is more of a spin on said application, in that I am asking to play the illegitimate youkai companion to an accomplice's character. A short explanation in an effort to avoid any extraneous or excessively revealing details is that the character is intended to be a papillion posing under the delusion that they are a non-summoner's youkai companion, supported by an illusion that renders them apparent as a youkai to their partner.

The illusion would not be without its faults. If the character were to be in an unconscious state, focus would not be held to upkeep the character's appearance. Likewise, depending on the potency of isesipian involvement, magic could in fact tamper with the strength of the illusion.

I am not immediately prone to sharing the full details of character story for the sake that said story would be a source of future development (layman's terms: spoilers), but I am happy to provide the reasoning and rationalization for this character's delusion and state of being if it becomes necessary for this forum post - in thread or in private discussion - I will say that there are rationalizations in place and it is not merely the character acting for giggles.

Supporting Lore:
> Papillions are known to struggle with damaged psyches as a consequence of their affliction, although I do have other IC rationalizations I am open to discuss for the specifics of this request. 
> Papillions are also known for their propensity for illusion. I also understand that in the case of their wings, one's perception of the wings is a direct affect on just how real they are. That's separate though, and I don't necessarily intend to blur the line too much.
I'm willing to approve this if you provide a detailed enough explanation somewhere within your profile that heavily hints at this.

I'm hoping players won't immediately try 'fix' you without your consent, but I can't really force other players to be a hundred percent fooled by the illusion so you may want to add another disclaimer that you would heavily appreciate if people played along as best they can without trying to immediately save the day.
[Image: tenor.gif]
On both accounts, I am happy to oblige. I understand its the prerogative of others to behave as they wish, so I won't get uppity in those cases. However, I can and will provide context clues within the profile as you ask. I'll send a profile for proof-reading and see that it is verified before moving forward.