Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nevarious Riff
Nevarious Riff, as we all know, is the potential skill of the Electric Axe. One of the best axe weapons in the game with an on-crit that can very easily chunk an eight of someone's HP bar on it's own, if not more for some. With easy access to crit damage modifiers and weapon POW stacking, it can hit for 60+, and while it is dodgeable, it bypasses near everything else.

Nevarious Riff, however, is the main offender to be looked at for today. It is, for 7 momentum and 40~ fp if used back-to-back,  a 200% Elemental Scaling (100% Sound + 100% Lightning)+ SWA mapwide attack.

Yes. Nevarious Riff can be dodged, so can Enma's Summons. The only globals we have now are Cherry Blossom (Damage + Heal. Not anywhere near as high scaling) and it requires 9 Annorum stacks, a cherry tree, and then to reuse it on said cherry tree. Meaning if you have 6 stacks prior, you can double tap to do it. A total of 12 momentum, or 9 if you annorum > cherry Blossom > Cherry blossom the next turn.

Enma's Summons is an invocation which can be dodged, has a cooldown, and has standard Invocation mitigation techniques.

Divine Shower is an invocation, can't be dodged, has a cooldown, but deals less damage (although it can blind).

Nevarious Riff is straight up a 3m defensive technique that can quickly be turned into an offensive technique. On loop. If you do not target the person with the electric axe and they get a distance away (especially on FFA maps).. They just get to spam this for free.

A suggestion on how to fix it? Making it have a cooldown. One turn upon use would make it an every-other-turn sort of deal. No where near as effective as it is right now, but it'd still retain it's status as a map wide.

Another suggestion is to turn it into an invocation proper. 9m, gives you the bats. You get a new 0m skill that lets you fire them for free-- but ends the status.

The Electric Axe just has so much going for it that it could stand to take a small hit.
[-] The following 3 users Like Rendar's post:
  • caliaca, MothEnthusiast, Poruku
I'd prefer it not to be an invocation just cause it doesn't fit the theme of the weapon, but a cooldown makes absolute sense to me and I totally support that.
One round cooldown after it is used offensively and I'm bought. This still takes 6M to be used, total.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
If it has a 1 round cooldown that'd prevent a pretty fair decent chunk of it's damage, going from being able to be used every round to every 2 rounds, that sounds completely fine imo, Kunai has the right of it here. Though I'd say that it should just be a 1 round cooldown from the get-go.
Yes. It is 6 momentum for a 200% Elemental + 100% SWA attack.

The difference is, the other Map wide attacks require 9 momentum baseline, and don't have that scaling-- and moreover...

Also aren't anywhere near as spammable. The rest of the axe still needs to get it's legs cut into, but this is 100% a problem child.
Nefarious Riff should have the same cooldown, if not greater, than Enma's, Divine Shower, and Unmasking Trail Magical Comet potential). It should also cost 9m to use. For all purposes it's a global invocation, so I find it difficult to justify not putting it at the same level of power as those three.

The 100+100+100 scaling is likely fine, due to split scalings needing to be higher to account for being worse than single scalings, and invokes seem to be balanced around 100+180. Though globals are lower iirc, so perhaps 100+85+85 would be more fair.
It just shouldn't be global. Make it a wide reaching AoE instead.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kameron8's post:
  • Autumn, SpaceShibe
(11-26-2023, 04:22 AM)Kameron8 Wrote: It just shouldn't be global.  Make it a wide reaching AoE instead.

This was mentioned after I made my post and I felt like an idiot for not having come to the same conclusion, this would honestly just be better.
Yeah, give it a range similar to Quaking Tap then maybe it could count as a Song Skill too, for the purposes of activating "Singing" status.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Ngl if it cost 6M and was quaking tap range I'd never use that shit again lmao