Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nevarious Riff
The problem's just its kiting potential, really.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Kiting potential and the fact that it can be used round 1 for high damage, all the way up until the enemy actually gets to you. Which can be multiple turns on some maps now, with the advent of the new free for all system.
I dunno man, I don't think it's that powerful. Electric axe as a whole is a very good weapon, but riff spam is only really a problem in 4v4 and making it not global range would be pretty sad imo. The best solution is probably a simple 1 round CD
I didn't want to post here because people already mentioned a few plausible solutions but I figure I may as well considering previous posts.

I think it should be nerfed to be long range and not global. We all complained about Divine Shower, Enma's Summons, Magical Comet's potential invocation being Global and those did less damage than this. (Sort of in Magical Comet's case)

The fact you can get it off in one turn and spam it for 200+ damage to the entire team every turn that is ALSO UNINTERRUPTABLE(unlike the aforementioned invocations) is stupid as hell and anyone who thinks it isn't a problem is legitimately biased. There is a REASON Magaisendo isn't Mapwide anymore and people seem to be forgetting that.

Quaking Tap range is fine to me. A longer CD is fine to me. Global range is NEVER fine to me unless it costs 9M to pull off and can be interrupted.

Edit: Forgot to add that this is on a GOOD AXE WEAPON and one of the BEST INSTRUMENTS in the game. Some weapons could NEVER dream of achieving what it can do. Tuning Fork? A joke. Harp Bow? Another joke. Crashing Cymbals? Blegh. Cleaving Clarinet?  If you're desperate, sure.

I might be overexaggerating a bit but you get my point.
I forgot my last account's password. Oops.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SpaceShibe's post:
  • Autumn
(12-01-2023, 06:00 AM)SpaceShibe Wrote: I didn't want to post here because people already mentioned a few plausible solutions but I figure I may as well considering previous posts.

I think it should be nerfed to be long range and not global. We all complained about Divine Shower, Enma's Summons, Magical Comet's potential invocation being Global and those did less damage than this. (Sort of in Magical Comet's case)

The fact you can get it off in one turn and spam it for 200+ damage to the entire team every turn that is ALSO UNINTERRUPTABLE(unlike the aforementioned invocations) is stupid as hell and anyone who thinks it isn't a problem is legitimately biased. There is a REASON Magaisendo isn't Mapwide anymore and people seem to be forgetting that.

Quaking Tap range is fine to me. A longer CD is fine to me. Global range is NEVER fine to me unless it costs 9M to pull off and can be interrupted.

Edit: Forgot to add that this is on a GOOD AXE WEAPON and one of the BEST INSTRUMENTS in the game. Some weapons could NEVER dream of achieving what it can do. Tuning Fork? A joke. Harp Bow? Another joke. Crashing Cymbals? Blegh. Cleaving Clarinet?  If you're desperate, sure.

I might be overexaggerating a bit but you get my point.

It should be mentioned that you get a pretty gnarly defensive buff so that you can get in range to actually pull it off, making it a really good neutral tool due to it's 200% elemental ATK scaling, equivalent to having a divine shower on demand. I have since rescinded my original position after Kam brought up just giving it a large diamond radius instead, I don't think it'll become unusable status with 7-9 diamond range, that's just exaggeration.
(11-28-2023, 06:08 PM)Poruku Wrote: I dunno man, I don't think it's that powerful. Electric axe as a whole is a very good weapon, but riff spam is only really a problem in 4v4 and making it not global range would be pretty sad imo. The best solution is probably a simple 1 round CD
I agree with Polk here.
066: Birth of the Robot Emperor
If Riff is fine with a one turn cooldown, then all of the other globals should also be changed to a one-turn cooldown.
(12-01-2023, 01:27 PM)MegaBlues Wrote: If Riff is fine with a one turn cooldown, then all of the other globals should also be changed to a one-turn cooldown.

What globals exist that don't already have an innate cooldown by way of just being invocations? Riff is 6M, not 9M, which is why a cooldown would be good to begin with. And even then, it still has a leg up on other globals when you do the math. While I'm all for small, incremental balance changes, I think Riff would still be too good with just the 1 turn cooldown. Make it 2, or cut the scaling a bit, or make it not global. Any of them would work, IMO.

EDIT: Ascended youkai came to mind after I asked that question, but the numbers on that aren't even comparable to Riff, so I don't think they need nearly the same treatment.
(12-01-2023, 02:00 PM)MothEnthusiast Wrote:
(12-01-2023, 01:27 PM)MegaBlues Wrote: If Riff is fine with a one turn cooldown, then all of the other globals should also be changed to a one-turn cooldown.

What globals exist that don't already have an innate cooldown by way of just being invocations? Riff is 6M, not 9M, which is why a cooldown would be good to begin with. And even then, it still has a leg up on other globals when you do the math. While I'm all for small, incremental balance changes, I think Riff would still be too good with just the 1 turn cooldown. Make it 2, or cut the scaling a bit, or make it not global. Any of them would work, IMO.

EDIT: Ascended youkai came to mind after I asked that question, but the numbers on that aren't even comparable to Riff, so I don't think they need nearly the same treatment.

Enma's Summons, Divine Shower, and Unmasking Trail all have three round cooldowns that only start ticking once the cast is successful.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MegaBlues's post:
  • MothEnthusiast
Yeesh, I had no idea they got a heavy cooldown like that slapped onto them. Goes to show I need to play around with those skills some more, but if that's the case, then I genuinely have no idea how Riff has gone this long the way it is. That's insane.