Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Appy and Reaper Passive
With arcane and new casting materials these two should just be able to cast from any axe or spear.

Or sanctity/5 instead so they can do 10s.
[-] The following 3 users Like caliaca's post:
  • Balor, Miller, RedtailPinny
I think even just making it something like SAN*3 would be reasonable enough, in the current era.

If you use an axe, SAN is a pretty tight stat to bother to spend when you got options like Arcane or casting mats around the corner.

And Reapers, uh...Have pretty shit base STR to begin with when their passive entices spears, and a better WIL, so the passive is actually quite obsolete with staves around the corner. I'd almost suggest shifting it to a different weapon type entirely. Swords, maybe ?
066: Birth of the Robot Emperor
I support this. Filia is not in my house with a loaded gun.

I promise you

Nothing bad.
Ever happens.
Even when she is here!
Don't be fooled by rumors.

Her friendship is valued and I would not trade it.
Ever!
Let it be known that no.
Person has ever been as kind!
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Balor's post:
  • caliaca, Ray2064
I'll address some labbed builds here in a moment, I think the passive is fundamentally flawed for Reapers rather than Appy's.

Reaper gains little to no benefit outside of dark bard builds with Tuning Fork. With Tuning fork, Dark Bard Priest becomes a menace of a build, with its drawback being some stat stretching however;

You gain:
95-105 crit evade
Dark Bard Parry + normal-average defenses
Elemental resists with song
Elemental attack ranging 10+ with the stage effect
280 hit depending on hit increasing accessories + purity edge

Reapers suck in this regard because spellcasting with spears, you would always, ALWAYS want to be using the respective elemental staves as they are BIS for casting.
+5 ele attack and perfect scaling stats for their respective elements.

If Reapers get some extra stats, I'd expect this build to be more proficient than it already would be.

Addressing Axes;

With Appys, it would be limited in what effect it has.

With Strength builds, fire comes to mind as a main build, and you are almost certainly wanting to use their respective spelledge weapon, transforming weapon (axe tome), or using a material like fossil.

Ice has a fairly good material too for aquarian spellcasting, albeit better for ice, rather than water.
Wind, I'd be questioning what brought you here.
Nature/lightning, the material is fairly bad but doable.

I don't think the sanctity passive should be kept as it is, I'd be interested to see the swa/stat efficiency of sanc investment vs arcanic or material changes. My intuition says its usually better for the latter.

If it were up to me I'd change it entirely to be encapsulated in Macabre culture as follows:

Macabre Culture: You gain 2 elemental attack respective to their remains for every piece of gear you are wearing. If all pieces of your gear are the same material you can cast the domain of magic whilst wielding a spear/axe.

I'd be interested to see what builds could come out of that, feels more focused to the race and it's lore.
I just wanna use noble axe to cast without arcanic.
just make it so that they can cast using any remains spear/axe

there are so many stronger racials, it's fine. the new casting ores and arcanic really powercrept these racials out of relevance
[-] The following 1 user Likes MegaBlues's post:
  • Miller
The Macabre Culture bonus is also just.

Completely awful.

+2 elemental attack for wearing a specific type of remains! Cool-

What do you mean I can get 5% resist to a specific elemental type, or get 60 FP and confusion or poison for having fungus?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rendar's post:
  • Miller
Just remove the SAN stipulation entirely really or replace it with domain casting if your weapon has the correct remains elemental type, it's not like it'll be a vast improvement and I'd prefer having more options than less. If 10 stars is a concern, it could just be restricted to be below certain rarities; but I doubt it'd be much of one.

Give the SAN scaling to Macabre Culture and have it boost your ELE ATK by 1+(SAN/X) per remains or something, I'unno; something along the lines of boosting remains equipment would be cool for SAN.
Remove the SAN requirements and the race gets a completely new niche.

Make it so the Scaled Weapon ATK is reduced by -25%, and investing SAN plus equipping specific bone-material equipments reduce the damage reduction, to the point it could go positive if you overly invest.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Remove the SAN, and instead make SAN grow their horns in size visually. Gives bonus damage to the gore attack but reduces move speed