Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Random Stat Rerolling
Many items in the game have random values they can roll. Not all are easily attained en masse to effectively re-roll for desired values.

For some items, primarily resist items, getting a subpar roll effectively makes the item completely worthless.

A small step to making the RNG less painful for these items would be an item or method by which one could reroll the random values of an item.

My idea would be something along the lines of an Alchemy item akin to the material change kits, costing some magic mud (10-20?) to make since to me it makes sense that magic mud would be used for something meant to reconfigure an existing item and it isn't hyper abundant/already has competition for use in many other recipes, so it wouldn't be problematic to exist/people would have to decide if it's really worth dumping thousands of mud for a perfect CoMC. (it probably is but the cost is fair imo).

This way there would be less completely dead items if one wanted to shell out the mud/whatever to make it usable.
[-] The following 5 users Like Trexmaster's post:
  • Miller, MothEnthusiast, Ray2064, RoboCat, Senna
the age of comcs will finally come
066: Birth of the Robot Emperor
Terribly strong for CoMC, basically just QoL to the other resist accessories.
I would rather just have the items with random values be given a static value.
[-] The following 2 users Like MegaBlues's post:
  • Miller, Snake
Ideally this would be possible for a person with a profession, and the cost would scale with the rarity if the item. Of course rerolling a comc should be expensive, but rerolling a blue iron shield should be cheap
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • MothEnthusiast
The odds of a perfect CoMC is around 0.04% presuming the odds aren't weighted against or for you. If someone wants to pray to RNGesus on a 1/2500 chance for a few extra elemental res in an environment where indignant idol exists, I'd say let em.

I can't see this being much of an issue, although without any weighting this will honestly be an annoyance for the regular elemental resistance items. It'd take on average like 15 attempts for a 30% Ele Res item? I forget the baseline.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Miller's post:
  • MothEnthusiast
Yeah I think it's fine for comc too. What we can do is make it an item you use on something like the quality tools. Reminds me of the divine orb from path of exile. Get a drop or craft it, slap it on your shitty comc, and now it's decent
I support this idea... Less items being absolutely useless is fine by me.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Let me clarify a little on my original post then, I think it brings more that is better to the table than the sins it could create, and is ultimately a better feature for that. But you cannot deny the strength such a feature has on CoMC above any other resist item. Perfect 15s is a pipe dream but a 60 SAN build can heavily abuse this feature. 30 SAN builds also become happier, Sayakana and Fortune Feather become even stronger synergies than they already were, there is a greater impact that is clearly being downplayed in this thread.

Does that mean it shouldn't be a feature? Not at all, I think it should, I am merely warning.
Your warning has been noted, but the outliers require so much time and effort, let them be rewarded... There's still plenty of counters...
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water