Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Random Stat Rerolling
It's not like builds with 60 san are a menace. They can have it. I mean I played a 60 san lupine recently. Really boosted the res to reach that juicy 25% all. It was /okay/, just let me win against people who are only elemental and don't have idol. But this kinda build gets wrecked by physical damage. It's a niche and cool arxhetype and I don't think allowing people to go from their 13/12/15/14 comc to 15/15/15/15 comc would even be a big deal in the end. Even if perfect comcs became common, would just be a cool archetype coming back. Just use idol if you wanna win pvp. Reaching 35 all is extremely hard and basically requires your entire build as investment. Dawr of defense, cursed weapon, nothing but res items, perfect materials... All for what? 35% DR? It's really cool but not dangerous IMO. Let the 60 san chads come back
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • Miller
(12-11-2023, 06:16 PM)Poruku Wrote: It's not like builds with 60 san are a menace. They can have it. I mean I played a 60 san lupine recently. Really boosted the res to reach that juicy 25% all. It was /okay/, just let me win against people who are only elemental and don't have idol. But this kinda build gets wrecked by physical damage. It's a niche and cool arxhetype and I don't think allowing people to go from their 13/12/15/14 comc to 15/15/15/15 comc would even be a big deal in the end. Even if perfect comcs became common, would just be a cool archetype coming back. Just use idol if you wanna win pvp. Reaching 35 all is extremely hard and basically requires your entire build as investment. Dawr of defense, cursed weapon, nothing but res items, perfect materials... All for what? 35% DR? It's really cool but not dangerous IMO. Let the 60 san chads come back

Pretty much although it's a bit more than just 35% DR to be fair; the resist proc is pretty strong, but a person who really cares about elemental resistances will have a cloak with 2-3 15% resistances as is; so the concern of this somehow breaking new ground and being absurdly strong is negligible IMO, you can already pull off the build of concern in game with very minimal loss of efficacy if at all

The odds of a perfect CoMC even with rerolls is still pretty improbable too, so even if it was 1 magic mud per reroll; you're averaging around 2400 mud per perfect CoMC and around 247 minutes of just crafting alone. A number that most probably don't have on hand unless they truly grinded their ass off and if they want to use that on a CoMC? Honestly, I'm all for it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Miller's post:
  • MothEnthusiast
(12-11-2023, 06:16 PM)Poruku Wrote: It's not like builds with 60 san are a menace. They can have it. I mean I played a 60 san lupine recently. Really boosted the res to reach that juicy 25% all. It was /okay/, just let me win against people who are only elemental and don't have idol. But this kinda build gets wrecked by physical damage. It's a niche and cool arxhetype and I don't think allowing people to go from their 13/12/15/14 comc to 15/15/15/15 comc would even be a big deal in the end. Even if perfect comcs became common, would just be a cool archetype coming back. Just use idol if you wanna win pvp. Reaching 35 all is extremely hard and basically requires your entire build as investment. Dawr of defense, cursed weapon, nothing but res items, perfect materials... All for what? 35% DR? It's really cool but not dangerous IMO. Let the 60 san chads come back
except elves!!!
066: Birth of the Robot Emperor
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ray2064's post:
  • Miller
(12-12-2023, 02:39 PM)Miller Wrote:

Pretty much although it's a bit more than just 35% DR to be fair; the resist proc is pretty strong, but a person who really cares about elemental resistances will have a cloak with 2-3 15% resistances as is; so the concern of this somehow breaking new ground and being absurdly strong is negligible IMO, you can already pull off the build of concern in game with very minimal loss of efficacy if at all

The odds of a perfect CoMC even with rerolls is still pretty improbable too, so even if it was 1 magic mud per reroll; you're averaging around 2400 mud per perfect CoMC and around 247 minutes of just crafting alone. A number that most probably don't have on hand unless they truly grinded their ass off and if they want to use that on a CoMC? Honestly, I'm all for it.

I just want to mention that in all of my posts til now I still support the feature, the consistency of perfect 15s will increase it's effectiveness pretty much no matter what, and thats okay, since Idol exists to put CoMC into a more manageable spot at the end of the day. But you can't deny the torso option will probably become more popular, I'm still convinced of it's efficacy, and that's on CoMC's part. It would still be 15% DR to 4 major elements.

It is mostly a warning to watch the item carefully, and not dismiss those thoughts so easily, you are allowed to have concerns but still think a feature is better for the game despite them.
I think so, too. If it costs a chunky amount of resources/murai, it might be alright.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]