Power: 10
Accuracy: 80
Critical: 10
Critical Damage: 125%
Weapon Type: Sword
Damage Type: Slash
Range: 1

Item Description:
It's a chainsaw, said to have been behind the Black Forest's entire deforestation. Ignore its whispers, don't start a murder spree!

Item Effects:
- On-Hit: Deal protection-ignoring bonus Slash magic damage split over 4 times, to a total of 30% of the weapon's SWA. (Damage can critically hit.)

Scaling Tags:
Cunning (70% STR, 40% GUI)
[Image: image.png?ex=6591f9ca&is=657f84ca&hm=c4f...9c8e6380a&]

Quote:Imperial Gunblade
Power: 10
Accuracy: 80
Critical: 0
Critical Damage: 110%
Weapon Type: Sword
Damage Type: Slash
Range: 1

Item Description:
The cutting aspect of a sword, and the blasting aspect of a gun, wrought together by the ingenuous craftsmanship of the Empire's finest.

Item Effects:
- Also treated as a Gun.
- Attacks done to enemies beyond 1 range become Pierce damage.

Scaling Tags:
Basic (100% STR)
[Image: image.png?ex=6591f9ed&is=657f84ed&hm=04a...7b5fe2b2a&]

.zip   chensowe and gonbled.zip (Size: 1.92 KB / Downloads: 54)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like Snake's post:
  • caliaca, Poruku, Sawrock, the homestuck man himself
So.

Funny enough.

Gunblades don't actually fire bullets.

They use the rounds to vibrate the blade which helps with cutting power.
(12-10-2023, 02:47 AM)Rendar Wrote: So.

Funny enough.

Depends on the gunblade.

Apologies for two of those four being Fandom links.
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
(12-10-2023, 02:47 AM)Rendar Wrote: So.

Funny enough.

Let us dream. If we made sense all the time, aoe classes would be horrible because they friendly fire all the time, and gun and bow weapons would be 4x deadlier than they currently are.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
It ain't supposed to be in that design, but I know people are gonna take the trait that gives the weapon more range, so future proofing it like a boss.
We have needed a chainsaw for a long time!! I think this does make sense balance wise as is except why does it have crit weapon base stats? (+10 crit, crit dmg) I think it would make more sense as an axe as well. Maybe one chainsaw for each type!

The guile scaling being used to offset how strong it is for crit builds sounds fair and interesting. But it would be extremely powerful for fleur users overall. Kinda forces you into a glass cannon playstyle. Neat
Very neat concept in mind, though only thing I could think is limiting the number of hits for the chainsaw so it doesn't become an absolute devastation at most, even if dmg is split up between the hits, having three at most might be good if just going off the chance of it critting for alot of damage, especially with the on critical effect adding in.

the gunblade would be neat, something that functions on both ends, a bringing back of the old mutated narcus days but proper.
The damage wouldn't be higher than a normal weapon, just means your damage is consistent and you get a high chance of proccing on hit/on crit effects
Yeah, like Polk said, it doesn't affect anything.

As it works, the chainsaw's multi-hits are just for cosmetics. Dev's changes made it so the amount of attacks don't matter for the final damage output and in fact, can be "less damaging" in case one of the attack rolls ends up missing or not a critical hit (which is why handguns suck).

What the Chainsaw has technically speaking is a higher chance to crit, since it rolls that many times, the critical flag for the attack is only 1. "Attack was critical hit", then it procs the on-crit effect once.

Which is intentional. A chainsaw sticks to someone then goes VRRRRRRRR. That's why it hits (or misses, or glancing) multiple times. If you stand still you take all of it, if you don't, it'll hit funny.

But I'm just being creative with the item's effects, if it's possible to make it so if the first attack hits, then it happens over several other attacks, it'd make this weapon both unique and really cool. (I.E, if you dodge the first hit, the attack stops and counts as a full miss without obeying the Gun Round rules).
There we go, added icons for them and adjusted the Chainsaw's effect to not need adding a whole new mechanic. I think this is doable. I made it be magic damage so it doesn't play too much ball with Ghost.

You can also get it here:
.zip   chensowe and gonbled.zip (Size: 1.92 KB / Downloads: 65)