Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Verglas' Jank
Verglas' special attack replacements (Sub-attacks?) aren't usable if you don't have a main-hand fist weapon. While this follows the same logic behind similar things such as Crazy Coyote's bonus attacks. It doesn't feel appropriate that an class' special property can't be relied upon with a fist sub weapon through things like Mixed Martial Artist

While I acknowledge that Verglas tends to be the ire of a lot of people. It's a little disheartening that the class feels a little neutered if you want to combine those special sub attacks with another classes skills.

I would like to see a change where Verglas' special attack replacements are not restricted as long as the user has a fist weapon (Be it subbed or through MMA).
[-] The following 3 users Like Cogster's post:
  • Balor, Dezark, Fern
I disagree. This is for balancing reasons as a true master of the arts needs no fancy weapon beyond their body and mind. Relying upon feeble tools is a crutch that hinders your martial greatness.
(It prevents potentially busted combinations with main hand weapon shenanigans.)
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
(01-04-2024, 02:01 AM)Raigen.Convict Wrote: I disagree. This is for balancing reasons as a true master of the arts needs no fancy weapon beyond their body and mind. Relying upon feeble tools is a crutch that hinders your martial greatness.
(It prevents potentially busted combinations with main hand weapon shenanigans.)

Could you elaborate on this? Because I'm unable to see what you're inferring to without you presenting anything.
While its been a good while, I can only assume there could be special strikes or main hand skills that would either bug or be strong in combination. Thats only my guess, cause i dont know devs mind, nor will i ever comprehend it. While im always all for this stuff to add fun, Most ideas i find fun are usually broken.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
It hasn't been a good while for me.

MIXED MARTIAL ARTIST applies to everything else that Verglas does, and even allows you to use it as a secondary basic attack. There is literally nothing here that would break balancing that MIXED MARTIAL ARTIST doesn't already do.

It's likely that Verglas Stance Basics require a FIST weapon be equipped, which MIXED MARTIAL ARTIST infers you have. I am not thoroughly convinced this isn't a bug of some sort likely caused since MMA doesn't interrupt 2handed traits etc.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Balor's post:
  • Cogster, Dezark, RedtailPinny, Snake
I feel like a change to this would be good personally, as mentioned by Drezdin there isn't anything that would out right break it as a whole by any means unless there is something actually broken to otherwise go "no you can't do this!" for Verglas? I think giving it a shot wouldn't hurt. At worse it does turn out extremely strong and people want it changed & nerfed as they do all things.
That sounds like a bug, or an outcome of Crazy Coyote's adjustment affecting how basic actions work. Either way, it should be changed to at the very least replace Sub-Attack if it's not doable.

The "ire" of Verglas has always been Expanding Ice + Ice Point Spear spamming due to the infinite range and how they can kite you while safely damaging the entire battlefield, not the thing that, ironically, makes them die super fast.

Which is staying in melee range. And using basic hits (and those special strikes in particular) make you stay in melee range. Which, guess what? Makes you die super fast.

Verglas is just a glorified Ice Evoker expansion pack, lul.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]