Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potentially Buffing "Pure" Class Setups
I was wondering if it would be reasonable to give people using the same class for main and sub class a reason to do so. Right now, you can get the Specialization trait for a few more skill slots, but it's never really worth it. I'd like to suggest granting people who are doubling down on one class extra SP to spend on that class. That way, they can unlock more of the skills.

As a disclaimer, I don't know all of the classes by heart; so I can't say if this breaks anything balance wise. Also, I'm not sure how much of a headache it would be to code this in a way that doesn't allow people to spend the extra SP, swap out their sub class, then have a beefed up class for no reason.
I could see this being a Legend Extend option at some point.
maybe once all regular points are spent, if you have it mono classed you get x points extra to spend that you lose once you stop mono classing.
I think it would be interesting for each class to surpass some of their limitations while being mono-classed. Some examples:

- Removal of Lantern Bearer's range damage and effect penalty.
- Increase in Hexer's status infliction chance.
- Ghost is always treated as if they've used Wraithguard while it's equipped (basically it becomes a passive).
- Reducing the momentum costs of Kensei attack skills by 1, bringing them down to 2M with a katana weapon, and making it possible for mono-classers to use the combos with other sword types by bringing them down to 3M.
- Black Knights are always treated as if they've invoked the Black Wind.
- Monk attack skill damage increased by their current Ki.
- Verglas gain both increased movement range and -1 momentum cost to move if starting on an ice sheet.
- The first Voidgate that a Void Assassin creates each round uses no momentum.

Etc.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]
[strike]Mages first spell of the battle is treated as under charge mind.[/strike]
*power gaming intensifies*
[Image: b89f62f8ce.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_m7g6clz79C1rpqqpz.gif] I'm also still Batman.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6397#p6397 Wrote:Zakizo » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:36 am[/url]"]I think it would be interesting for each class to surpass some of their limitations while being mono-classed. Some examples:

- Removal of Lantern Bearer's range damage and effect penalty.
- Increase in Hexer's status infliction chance.
- Ghost is always treated as if they've used Wraithguard while it's equipped (basically it becomes a passive).
- Reducing the momentum costs of Kensei attack skills by 1, bringing them down to 2M with a katana weapon, and making it possible for mono-classers to use the combos with other sword types by bringing them down to 3M.
- Black Knights are always treated as if they've invoked the Black Wind.
- Monk attack skill damage increased by their current Ki.
- Verglas gain both increased movement range and -1 momentum cost to move if starting on an ice sheet.
- The first Voidgate that a Void Assassin creates each round uses no momentum.

Etc.

Things like this are prefered, and honestly, all you'd need is a trait (or LE bonus) that makes sure you have one class equipped in both slots (and switches off whenever you don't). But, we need more non-LE monoclass bonuses, because there's currently almost absolutely no reason to do it, whatsoever right now.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6412#p6412 Wrote:Ryu-Kazuki » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:55 pm[/url]"]there's currently almost absolutely no reason to do it, whatsoever right now.
This is true. Anyone even considering mono-classing will end up just going with a Rogue promo. They get all the passives (including the extra skill slots which already makes it more appealing than the specialization trait) on top of the wind skills, and all of that goodness. Giving up an entire sub-class needs to come with some serious bonuses if it's ever going to be considered.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]
Suggestion: Trait that makes it when you monoclass, that classes preferred weapons have their power increase by 1.5x, for Attack and Sub-Attack.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6420#p6420 Wrote:Mivereous » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:29 am[/url]"]Suggestion: Trait that makes it when you monoclass, that classes preferred weapons have their power increase by 1.5x, for Attack and Sub-Attack.

That's incredible for some classes, and not very appealing for others. Unless we wanted to go through the headache of figuring out different bonuses for each promo-monoclass, I think it would be easier to just give access to more SP.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6421#p6421 Wrote:Kameron8 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:48 pm[/url]"]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6420#p6420 Wrote:Mivereous » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:29 am[/url]"]Suggestion: Trait that makes it when you monoclass, that classes preferred weapons have their power increase by 1.5x, for Attack and Sub-Attack.

That's incredible for some classes, and not very appealing for others. Unless we wanted to go through the headache of figuring out different bonuses for each promo-monoclass, I think it would be easier to just give access to more SP.

I should have clarified, I meant as one of the non-LE bonuses that Ryu suggested. Just as something to grab before, or alongside the LE path. I'm thinking in small steps.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."