Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potentially Buffing "Pure" Class Setups
monoclassing should atleast give the same 50% of subclass bonus to growths if it wants to be competitive.
Giving it Style Blending wouldn't encourage people to mono-class outside of getting the statistics they want, unless you mean along with other bonuses. They would still end up switching over to dual-class once they're finished with their grinding, if they even mono-class at all. That said, I'm not saying I think it's a bad idea. It would certainly be necessary if we're looking to encourage mono-classing while leveling through B.D.P.s. It's just that while motivation to grind with it is good, a reason to stick with it is better.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]
Perhaps, we could instead make it a bonus to the amount of skills able to be be equipped?
(At the most 20, don't suggest that size doh)

And yes, to encourage monoclassing, the growths need to be re adjusted, possibly a total growth of 130% of the original class?
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6432#p6432 Wrote:111none » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:51 am[/url]"]Perhaps, we could instead make it a bonus to the amount of skills able to be be equipped?
(At the most 20, don't suggest that size doh)

There's already a trait that does this, giving you 4 extra skill slots. The problem pointed out in the OP, is that there wasn't enough SP to spend on four extra skills, anyways.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
And if you wanted the four extra skillslots anyway, you could just go engineer as a subclass, which, since of rogue, gives 3 anyway, and even more with engineer's skill.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
Or Void Assassin and get 30% magic damage reduction, among other things.
Multiclassing for passives/synergies across different classes is, and in my opinion should be, the 'most' powerful way to fight. The main purpose for creating this thread is to make it possible for people who really want to dig into a niche the opportunity to do so. If you want to have a metric fuckload of bullet types as a gunner, it's not really feasible to do so right now -- you'd need to sacrifice passives, and probably levels in overcharge or the bullets you wanted to begin with, to pull it off. If you want to use all of the curses, hexes, and debuffs a hexer has to offer, you can't really do that either -- unless you want to forfeit the ability to actually inflict statuses in the first place, or keep your skills at rank 1. You can trade your combat effectiveness for whatever stylistic individuality you want (to an extent), but people who want to use only one class are stuck with roughly half their skills and a handful of useful passives from another subclass.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6451#p6451 Wrote:Kameron8 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:43 am[/url]"]Multiclassing for passives/synergies across different classes is, and in my opinion should be, the 'most' powerful way to fight.
The reason I disagree with this part of your statement is that focusing on something is usually what makes a person more powerful due to pushing their skill to the pinnacle, while being a jack of all trades (or in this case two) generally leads to more versatility. I don't believe that either should necessarily be an outright "better" choice than the other, but instead representative of a preference towards power or skill, each equally effective in their own way when used correctly. Right now multi-classing dominates in both, and SL1 had a more believable system in this regard. I think SL2 could take a lesson from that.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]