Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chaos Fruit Challenge
A fruit that randomizes nearly everything about a character's performance and pre-determines their build path.

After a lvl up, Each talent point, skill point, and even base stats are automatically allocated semi-randomly. 

Instead of carefully crafting a build, a player has to, through training, discover what their character's capabilities are and what classes/fighting styles take advantage of them most.

Players that level a character up to lvl 60 like this and LE could get some type of special reward (plushie, cosmetic, etc)

No real need for it, but i thought it could broaden a player's horizons, help them understand the game better, and just be an interesting challenge.
Definitely not for me, and I'm usually a big fan of randomized character creation. Like, it's fun when you play a new TTRPG and you get to randomize your background, your stats, etc, but then you still wanna pick a feat that works for those starting things. You don't wanna get a sorcerer with no charisma, you don't wanna get a shield feat.

In SL2 this idea just doesn't sound fitting. I think it's just too random, it's gonna give you a terrible character every time so it won't be that fun. Personally I don't think it's needed, especially for new players. Inexperienced players are the last people you wanna give shitty characters to!

What could work is a little bit of randomness to set you on the right path. The game could have a pool of different pre-made "builds" for new players, such as ghost/bk, bk/hex, evoker/priest, MG/DH, VA/ghost, Boxer/BK, etc. It would auto-assign the proper stats you need for the first 40 levels. Alternatively, just have the stat builds categorized, letting new players learn what a decent statline looks like for each archetype (str critter, guile critter with evade, str tank, luminary, mage with evade, str tank with SAN, str SWA gouger, healer with faith, healer with faith and evade...) It would probably help people figure out new archetypes a bit more easily.
(02-01-2024, 03:42 PM)Poruku Wrote: Definitely not for me, and I'm usually a big fan of randomized character creation. Like, it's fun when you play a new TTRPG and you get to randomize your background, your stats, etc, but then you still wanna pick a feat that works for those starting things. You don't wanna get a sorcerer with no charisma, you don't wanna get a shield feat.

In SL2 this idea just doesn't sound fitting. I think it's just too random, it's gonna give you a terrible character every time so it won't be that fun. Personally I don't think it's needed, especially for new players. Inexperienced players are the last people you wanna give shitty characters to!

What could work is a little bit of randomness to set you on the right path. The game could have a pool of different pre-made "builds" for new players, such as ghost/bk, bk/hex, evoker/priest, MG/DH, VA/ghost, Boxer/BK, etc. It would auto-assign the proper stats you need for the first 40 levels. Alternatively, just have the stat builds categorized, letting new players learn what a decent statline looks like for each archetype (str critter, guile critter with evade, str tank, luminary, mage with evade, str tank with SAN, str SWA gouger, healer with faith, healer with faith and evade...) It would probably help people figure out new archetypes a bit more easily.
I agree for the most part. I'm not advocating this for new players at all. I meant it as a fruit an experienced player could buy and consume for an added challenge and corresponding reward. The builds would be only be semi-random. Parameters would be set for them so they could be challenging, but not unplayable.

Especially in an RP game like SL2, players should be free to tailor their stats and other character abilites from the get go. Having a few preset builds for some players to start on could help with the difficulty curve, at least for thier first LE, but even this should be opt-in only.
That's fair. I think it's still kind of weird, it would only be something I could see anyone doing if there's some sort of real benefit to it. Double inks for the LE could be it, in that case I could see it be enjoyable
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • sirtrex
"Oh... 4 san this level? I could uh.. Bard? Oh, 4 faith? Bard...Curate? 4 guile?!"
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
I would want it to be completely random, so I could still make a (terrible) crit build out of it.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
NOT AGAIN NOOOOOOOOOOO
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]