Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mob Spawn Rate (Korvara)
Currently mobs respawn in dungeons on Korvara every 2 in-game hours. This equates to roughly every 15 minutes real time provided no server lag affects BYOND tick rate.

This makes it fairly easy to wipe out an entire dungeon well before the mobs would come back with only a single party active, making for a whole lot of waiting if you're trying farm the same dungeon, or sharing it with anyone else.

Could we have the spawn rate changed to every in-game hour? If not providing some option to increase the spawn rate of a dungeon by paying cypelle or something, so that the dungeons can better handle high activity, such as in the wake of new items dropping.

It feels bad that your best option when you want to farm a dungeon is to spend 1-2 minutes wiping relevant spawns then waiting for 13+ minutes.

This makes for a lot of empty time that artificially inflates the time players/characters spend grinding and thus not being able to participate in RP, I feel it'd be more fun and engaging for everyone if we didn't all have to spend so much time tabbing out of the game while we wait for spawns to come back.

EDIT:

I think it also worth mentioning that the number of monster spawns available could afford to be slightly increased in dungeons that aren't Terra Flamma. For whatever reason Terra Flamma has about double the number of mob spawns (and still gets totally wiped with an in-game hour typically). Even if just one more spawn of each level bracket is added.
[-] The following 4 users Like Trexmaster's post:
  • Boomkiller, Senna, sirtrex, zericosmic
In addition to increasing the mob spawn rate. Perhaps the number of mobs spawned could be increased or decreased dependent on the number of parties in a dungeon.

That way If two or three parties are in the same dungeon, there will be enough mobs for everyone after each cycle.
I think I've asked before for a Murai Sink method that allows you to spawn or forcefully respawn mobs in the dungeons through the use of "Monster Lures".
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • sirtrex